You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Collapse All Grouped Layers on Alt Click

• 3 months later...
  • Staff

Thanks for this feedback - we have now implemented in the 2.1 beta which is available to try now. It would be great if you wanted to try it out in the beta and let us know what you think - you can sign up to the beta program here.

Managing Director

Help make our apps better by joining our beta program!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) / Apple M1 Max / 64GB / macOS 12.0.1

iPad Pro 11-inch 3rd Gen / iPadOS 16.2

just tested in beta

I LOVE the new asset panel behaviour where subcategories can be re-ordered through drag and drop (and not automatically expand)

I confirm the layer panel now behaves as explained, using alt modifier to expand/collapse all groups within selected parent, this is great and very useful.

But I was looking for a way to collapse all groups, layers and artboards, which is not what this does (or I didn't find). Typical use case is you select an object in a group or artboard (which triggers expansion), then select another object from different group/layer/artboard (which expands next group) and so on. Very rapidly, the layer panel has many artboards/layers/groups expanded, which makes navigation less easy. Having a way to "collapse all" would bring everything back neatly organized to top level view. I understand it's more than a modifier click as there is no click zone for "all", maybe a right click menu entry

Thanks anyway for the enhancement

• Staff

On desktop? From right click menu in layers you should find option to "Collapse All", and can also do it view Layer -> Collapse All in Layers Panel (which could be assigned a shortcut too).

If you are talking iPad then we are about to add the collapse all option to that in the 2.1 beta.

Managing Director

Help make our apps better by joining our beta program!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) / Apple M1 Max / 64GB / macOS 12.0.1

iPad Pro 11-inch 3rd Gen / iPadOS 16.2