You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tools like Healing Brush and Clone tool disappeared...

The tool you want is the 6. from the bottom.

If you look closely, you can see a small triangle beside the tool. If you press that there's a fly out where you can see all the tool nested there.

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

• 2 years later...

I do not think you ever really answered the original question. I have the same problem. I just used the healing brush tool attached to the Band-aid (The British would call this a sticking plaster, I think) and when I was finished the band-aid/sticking plaster image disappeared.  I can not figure out how to make it reappear. 

While there is probably a simple answer to this, I suggest that really this is an interface flaw, in that it trips up the new user like myself. In the mean time I would like the official answer.

Help will be appreciated!

Cheers

Bob Locher

7 hours ago, Blocher said:

I just used the healing brush tool attached to the Band-aid (The British would call this a sticking plaster, I think) and when I was finished the band-aid/sticking plaster image disappeared.  I can not figure out how to make it reappear.

I am not sure which tool you mean disappeared but as has already been mentioned above, you can click on the small triangle on any tool icon that has one to open the fly-out to choose another tool sharing the same spot in the Tools panel. Another way to do this is just to click & hold on the icon for a second or so, which also opens the fly-out.

If you would prefer for each tool to have its own dedicated spot in the Tools panel, you can also do that by customizing the panel any way you want, including reordering the tools, using two or more columns, & so on.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7