You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No control about HD space with MSIX package

thank you stokerg,

this may help for the moment. But in general, why did you guys change the common installing procedure. 

Most users have had full control over their files and programs since windows Version 1.1 in the mid 80's. just because of Windows 10/11 there is no need to change the usual installation process. At least not in my eyes. . 

I cannot choose a designated path to this new Affinity V2. Which is really a pitty.

Hope there are more customers complaining and you'll go back to the usual common way to install Applications. Hope this shot is not backfired.

Cheers U.ke

PS: found this in some other reactions:  This is a stupid move by the developers. I own my PC, it is not a phone or a tablet and I want to control what goes on the PC and where it goes. I didn't spend time setting up partitions and drivers for fun. I have a particular drive for programs and that is where they go or they don't get installed - end of!

I got one question: WHY?!

Why this is not just normal program but windows "app"? What are the benefits? Because I can clearly see downsides. I cant connect it to other apps for start, I dont have control over files...

This whole windows apps is just as good as Games for Windows Live and I hope it will share its fate.

I can only think about piracy - maybe that helps somehow to fight it, but I am not a pirate, I am legal user that cant use my favorite app like I did before. PLEASE go back to normal way of installing. This only took away functionality of your software and you cant seriously demand that 3rd party software developers of countless apps will fix that for us because you decided to make it a windows app.

Setting the location within Settings > System > Storage > More / Advanced Storage Settings > Change where new content is saved did not stop the application being installed on my system drive, and the move option fails with an error 0x80073cf6

I am voting with my feet and will not purchase this software until you fix the issue - I do not want software telling me where it should reside.

Edited by BigOldFixer