You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export (to pdf) Preview glitches with placed pdfs

iaing

Some placed pdfs don't render correctly in the export preview when exporting to pdf. Happens throughout the publication, but not to all pdfs. Publication is opened from v1.10, but I can recreate fresh in v2 with same result.

image.thumb.png.1da1bdfb92e15e84488ca11a8b5702f7.png

MacBook Pro M1 Max, macOS 12.6.1 Monterey
Affinity Designer : 2.0  Affinity Photo: 2.0,   Affinity Publisher: 2.0

7 hours ago, iaing said:

Some placed pdfs don't render correctly in the export preview when exporting to pdf. Happens throughout the publication, but not to all pdfs. Publication is opened from v1.10, but I can recreate fresh in v2 with same result.

I think somebody else reported this so it's hopefully on the list

7 hours ago, meulus said:

I can't create a pdf in publisher 2 from a large document (60 pages) generating preview problem

It seems to take forever to create a preview for a long document, as long as it would take to export the document. If you change it to export only a single page or 10 pages it should appear pretty quickly but I realize you may want the full preview. I just ignore the preview and export it immediately so it doesn't matter me too much. I'd turn off the preview if there was an option to do so.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

6 minutes ago, meulus said:

I can't ignore the preview window and I can't create a PDF from multiple pages with Publisher 2

Oh. I think somebody else reported this with v2 yesterday and then said they solved it but I think the fix was uninstalling and reinstalling, which would be a pain. That would indicate that the issue may be something to do with permission to write to a folder so maybe try exporting to a different location? I don't have Windows so somebody else will have to help you from here. Good luck!

Oops, we're in the Mac part of the forum. The person who reported a similar error yesterday was definitely on Windows so that's of no help. I don't know why you'd be getting this on macOS though. If you're able to share a sample document with the problem here I'll take a look. Otherwise you might have to share a sample through a private link with Serif.

Edited by MikeTO
Correction

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

I also noticed what I think I think is the same thing: documents set up without background transparency are still transparent in the preview. But then I discovered that this is apparently always the case, even with documents exported in V1 and InDesign, so I concluded that it has always been this way and I just never noticed before.

On 11/11/2022 at 10:16 AM, meulus said:

The same document I have previously successfully printed a pdf/X-4 with publisher 1, this is clearly a bug!

I have tried the following.
An affinity publisher 1 document opened with many images in Publisher 2 export to PDF/X-4 fails, export to PDF/X-1a:2003 and PDF/X-3:2003 works fine.

After I made a save as Package of the document, the export to PDF/X-4 also went well.

As far as I'm concerned, the problem is solved.
Thanks for the responses.