You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

FONTS - Cannot transfer Fonts from V1 to V2? Must find again to install?!

Loving the new V2 for iPad Pro, kudos to the team!

But have some questions regarding Fonts.

The previous version of Affinity Photo allowed you to conveniently install directly into the app, thereby allowing you to Trash the Source File and keep free space.
But there is no way to transfer the multiple Fonts saved in V1 to V2. This wouldn’t be a problem if we were talking about 1-4 Font styles…but we are talking about multiple Fonts…upward to 50+ AND any of the alternate styles!

There is no way to retrieve from the older version from Files, because after manually transferring Documents over…the entire V1 File just vanished completely even (if it were possible to do so that way).

I only have a few that we’re thankfully already saved via the Fonts file in the iPad File folder, but all others are lost.

So we are now simply supposed to research/remember/search and find any of those because there is no migration/transfer??

5 hours ago, StudioJason said:

Loving the new V2 for iPad Pro, kudos to the team!

But have some questions regarding Fonts.

The previous version of Affinity Photo allowed you to conveniently install directly into the app, thereby allowing you to Trash the Source File and keep free space.
But there is no way to transfer the multiple Fonts saved in V1 to V2. This wouldn’t be a problem if we were talking about 1-4 Font styles…but we are talking about multiple Fonts…upward to 50+ AND any of the alternate styles!

There is no way to retrieve from the older version from Files, because after manually transferring Documents over…the entire V1 File just vanished completely even (if it were possible to do so that way).

I only have a few that we’re thankfully already saved via the Fonts file in the iPad File folder, but all others are lost.

So we are now simply supposed to research/remember/search and find any of those because there is no migration/transfer??

Yeah I wish there was an open to automatically detect and migrate all files including fonts from the v1 apps. I also have loads of fonts that I installed in v1 and I have to manually install all of them one by one. That's not an easy thing to do

6 hours ago, 3lton_mt said:

I’m also going through a scenario where I can’t rename a newly created document. There is no option to do that. Within the document the Save option is not there. Only left with Save a copy

On the Live Docs screen, swipe left on the document and you'll get a menu. The first item is rename. 

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

The inability to automatically transfer content between iPad versions is an unfortunate side effect of Apple Sandboxing. You can read more about this here: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/170262-can-my-files-content-be-transferred-from-version-1-to-version-2-on-ipad/

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Oh well, no worries. Kept V1 just as an emergency backup, and able to make a list from the Settings Fonts section.

‘Just got finished installing Fonts onto V2…and as a note, have an updated Font Folder in Files now…so when a V3 comes out, I’m at least ready to go.

All in all still loving it!