You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"Tool Handle Size" rename

I was playing with the preferences when I came across the preference "Tool Handle Size" under Tools in preferences. Theres different sizes that you can choose from, but I never understood what it changed because nothing happened when you pressed each size. Nothing was happening in the toolbar because its "Tool" related. It wasnt until I realized that its actually changing the size of the "bounding box handles" of an object. This was so confusing to me because of what its called, "Tool Handle Size."  I dont know what that means. I get its gonna change the size of the handle of those tools but what tools are we talking about here? The tools in the toolbar? Its so confusing. I dont think it should be called "Tool Handle Size" because its not referring to the tools in the toolbar. Its referring to the handle size of the bounding box of your objects. Its always been called a "bounding box." So I think it should be renamed from "Tool Handle Size" to ----> "Object Bounding Box Handle Size" to prevent user confusion because it just happened to me. Had I read "Object Bounding Box Handle Size" I would have know that Im changing the size of my objects bounding box handles. 

Please change this. Don't use the word "tool" because it refers to the tools in toolbar. Come up with something shorter if youd like but make sure its "Object Bounding Box Handle Size" related. 

It’s not just the bounding box handles which are affected by that size change, other things such as curve nodes are also affected.
So changing the name of the setting to “Object Bounding Box Handle Size” would also be misleading.
Any name change would need to reflect/consider all of the things that are affected.

Maybe it's called that because it's the handles that various tools use!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad