You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer "Save history with document" turns itself off and history has been deleted on re-opening document

I have noticed that sometimes the "save history with document" option randomly turns itself off for no apparent reason and all the history is deleted. Is this a known issue? Can't find any previous threads regarding this.

It hadn't done it for ages and I thought it might have been a fixed issue but no - it just happened again. Really annoying. It isn't even the result of an inadvertent key-combination-pressing scenario - you actually have to go to the 'File' menu to toggle it. Pleeeeease make it default to being 'on' and really hard to turn off (ie. bury it in the 'Preferences') as has been suggested on various previous threads. Or, if it is an issue, please raise it to be fixed.

Nothing useful I can attach by way of screen shots etc. It had been 'on' ( I had been working on the same document for several days opening and closing it with no problem - history intact), then I closed the document and when I next re-opened it, the history had disappeared and "save history with document" was now 'off'

MacBook Pro 16" 2021 / M1 Pro / 16GB / 512 GB

macOS Monterey 12.6

Designer v 1.10.5

Many thanks and best wishes,

Ray

31 minutes ago, The Herbalizer said:

Pleeeeease make it default to being 'on' and really hard to turn off (ie. bury it in the 'Preferences') as has been suggested on various previous threads.

I really don’t want that to happen as I don’t use that functionality and it would, by default, if I forgot to switch it off, every time I created a new document, make for lots of really massive documents filling my storage.

I don’t mind the problem being fixed, if it’s fixable, but switching the option around just because it hasn’t worked a few times for maybe just one user seems like an excessive reaction.

6 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I really don’t want that to happen as I don’t use that functionality and it would, by default, if I forgot to switch it off, every time I created a new document, make for lots of really massive documents filling my storage.

I have to agree with this, I'd get very annoyed if I had to remember to turn this off every time I saved a file! Possibly an option in Preferences would be a better solution.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

• Staff

Hi Ray,

I have asked around internally and we've never seen another report of this issue so its hard for us to investigate this any further. If you are able to find a recipe that recreates this problem every time or get a screen recording demonstrating the issue then we should be able to look into this a bit more.

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.