You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hei,

I've been using Affinity products for a while now and never had similar problem. Suddenly, most of Publisher documents crash after adding new pages. Even those documents I have worked in a while ago. It is impossible to work, and the documents consist only of several pages.

I have Windows 11, and already tried the following solutions without results:

• Updated Affinity to the newest version (1.10.5.1342)
  • Checked Windows for any driver updates
  • Tried adding page without attaching it to master page
  • Uninstalled and installed Affinity

Attached you can find some of the crash reports and the document I worked in when it happened first time.

Hope you can help me. Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks in advance,

Egle

31f4611c-4cff-4773-81d6-fea308779469.dmp fd8f9ad5-3cd3-4aac-8314-bb7e400fd29d.dmp 1eb228cb-1f71-47f3-8eb6-87e57486404d.dmp Slides_Amnesty.afpub

• Staff

Hi Egle,

While I look into these crash reports please could you tell me if you have tried updating your GPU drivers and if possible could you go into the apps preferences and provide a screenshot of the entire performance tab?

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff

If you untick-open CL are you able to add pages correctly? I know the below FAQ is for a different issue but do you have the Windows update listed in that FAQ installed? If so does uninstalling it solve this issue at all?

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/168012-known-issue-affinity-apps-on-windows-1011-crashing-when-searching-within-the-font-selection-box/

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Unticking Open CL didn't help. However, I have followed the instructions from that link and uninstalled the mentioned Win11 update, and it seamed to help (so far). 🥳

I will continue working in Affinity and come back here if the issue comes back.

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Egle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am having a similar problem with frequent crashes. I'm using Publisher on a MacBook Pro Big Sur 11.7. I'm an editor and publisher and working of documents up to 200+ pages with lots of images.   I've been using Publisher for the last two years and find it a fantastic alternative to InDesign. With the exception of auto indexing and footnoting and export to. ePub files (desperately needed for my authors) it meets all my needs.

The crashes seem to come when I attempt to replace an image, update the index/TOC or link text across pages. There's no common factors or pages, it just vanishes, then reopens at the point immediately before the crash.  I can't recreate the crash.

Regards

Chris

I've been using A.Publisher for a long time, and it's great. I keep it updated (1.10.5.1342).

As others above have said, all of a sudden, adding pages = crash. Repeatedly.

I use Win10 (updated); have not needed to update graphics drivers in a while.

I have an urgent deadline and was confident about meeting it, because AP used to work so well. Now I'm screwed.

I have the same problem. Publisher crashes after adding pages, after the windows update.

Today I tried something different. I closed the side menu where you can see all the pages and masters. From the pulldown menu 'Documents' I added pages... and finally it did not crash!

I hope this roundabout will help for now, who has this problem! 

Is is not as comfortable as adding pages within the sidebar, perhaps it can't handle the visualisation of the adding of the pages within this menu. 

Hello,

I confirm the same error is happening in the latest Affinity Publisher 2, I just updated to that latest version.

*edit*
It only happens when I choose to add a page 'After Last Page'
image.png.034fc95c66bdf8474ead0c6b576f6512.png

Cheers,

Edited by PrutZ

21 minutes ago, PrutZ said:

I confirm the same error is happening in the latest Affinity Publisher 2, I just updated to that latest version.

Thank you, PrutZ, for that update! I was wondering of V2 would work.

To me this means that Publisher is now pretty much useless. Why waste more money for something that still doesn't work.

I have this problem, and a similar one. Publisher crashes when I try and add pages manually at the end of a document or through autoflowing text, working on a document pasted in from Word. Only 34 pages created and I need a few more after adding picture frames - every time I shift-click to autoflow, or click to add it crashes. Windows 10, and Affinity 1.10.5.1342

Phillip

I was messing with the performance settings and publisher started crashing again... then I went to my Intel graphic center (I have a hp laptop). I saw within this program different settings for the 'Energy'... more 'balanced en eco-friendly' setting for the monitor. I raised als the setting to 'maximum' and now Affinity publisher runs again, more stable. Did the last windows update from october made my laptop more 'eco friendly'? If thats the case, publisher find it hard to cope with. 

On 11/10/2022 at 12:27 AM, Chris Sutton said:

Thanks Daantje!  I'll try that!

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris, I was messing with the settings to improve working with publisher like it used to work. Outside the program, within the energy settings of my laptop itself and the Intel Graphic center (I have a hp laptop), I changed settings to maximum. Many things were set on balanced and ecofriendly. Now I can add pages the normal way. It really feels like a lack of capacity for the visualisations of those actions. I solved it by increasing the powersettings for the monitor and increased the cpu ussage in the settings of publisher. Perhaps it will help you as well. 

• 2 weeks later...