You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

colour font does not change

Hello.  The software seems not to work properly. I've had many issues since I bought this software: for example, I could not import the file from my computer using the "place" button,  I had to use the "open" button. Sometimes the place button works and other times it doesn't. My brushes don't work sometimes ( sometimes they only draw a simple line) - I tried in pixel persona and designer persona - I picked the tool first - vector brush tool and paintbrush tool. Today I have a problem with colours... I can't change the colour of the text. Why is that? I know I am learning and I can make many mistakes but from what I have noticed, one day one tool is working, and another day it's not...

I tried to change the colour in "character", also on the right-side panel in "colour", ( the text layer was highlighted). I was able to change the styles and opacity, but not the colour of the font. 

I've recently changed windows 10 to 11 , I uninstalled AD and re-installed it again, and I checked my drivers- they are all up to date, hoping this would help. What else can I do?

Best Regards 

Bozena

ad not working.jpg

... or any other object style. Unfortunately the Styles panel keeps the last assigned style highlighted. The selected text frame could have got a style assigned before "Gel" was used. Also check the Group which can have / imply a different colour as assigned then its nested text object.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

7 hours ago, Bozena said:

I tried to change the colour in "character", also on the right-side panel in "colour", ( the text layer was highlighted). I was able to change the styles and opacity, but not the colour of the font. 

The text layer may be selected, but the actual text isn't. Select the text, and you should be able to change its color.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

6 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

The text layer may be selected, but the actual text isn't. Select the text, and you should be able to change its color.

Do you need in Windows to select the text with the Text Tool to be able to assign a text colour? In macOS I can just have the object = frame = layer selected to choose text colour via one of the various panels. (although there is a known bug for text on path which doesn't show all context toolbar options, e.g. colour – which I circumvented here by selecting a 2nd text frame)

2024519229_ADtextlayercolor.thumb.jpg.f3d758271532c6477fa502fafebc6faf.jpg

Thank you to everyone who replied to my question. I read all the comments, I went back on my screen to see what I could do to resolve the problem and the first thing I did was I clicked on the green gel style button which was highlighted, and then I went to the colour panel and I was easily able to change the colour!!! How was that possible??? I spent so much time, wanting to throw the laptop out of the window... and later on, just with one touch of a button everything was fine.. But I still don't understand, why started to work just like that? It looks like I have done nothing and just started to work again...I know you mentioned that the styles panel keeps the last style assigned highlighted, so what am I meant to do next time? 

Thanks

Edited by Bozena

24 minutes ago, thomaso said:

Was the document opened all the time – or might have a file reload or app or computer restart have been involved in fixing the issue?

The document was opened all the time, I left the computer on sleep mode and today I got back to it...

39 minutes ago, Bozena said:

what am I meant to do next time? 

As long as no other reason is found, I assume a temporary hiccup of the app, possibly resolved by re-awakening from sleep mode. In that case I'd just close the document or the app to see if it helps to fix it.

5 minutes ago, thomaso said:

As long as no other reason is found, I assume a temporary hiccup of the app, possibly resolved by re-awakening from sleep mode. In that case I'd just close the document or the app to see if it helps to fix it.

Thank you :)

I´m still not sure if you know that when a "Style" is attached you can´t simply change the color of your text object. Say you want a flat color again you might need to disable the effects one by one or go Edit->Defaults->Revert - but font+size will be restored to default as well.

And if you have still the Text-tool active you need to select the text to change its color - unlike if the Move-tool is active.