You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publishing software not working with Xerox C230 printer

I just purchased the new Affinity Publishing software and tried to print a page I just created and the printer is not printing it. Xerox says it is a software conflict between the printer and the publishing software. Can someone tell me how to fix this?

• Staff

Hi Arachiya,

Welcome to the forums :)

I can see from your previous thread that PagePlus also wasn't able to print via this printer are any other apps on your computer able to print to this printer?

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Export your project as a PDF, then try printing from your PDF reader.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Open office and other similar types work with the printer. So there is definitely a software issue. I did finally get it to print, taking the pages from PagePlus, which are saved as PDFs so that recipients get a higher quality. I don't know how I got it to do so, but the new publishing software is very annoying. I can't find anything.. like drawing a line, line spacing in paragraphs. With PagePlus, it was simple to figure out most things. The new software is giving me such a headache and to have to redo all the publication and document masters is such a waste of time... if I continue to produce the pages on PagePlus and have to transfer the PDFs to the new program for printing, it is an equal waste of time which takes away from the other work that has to be done. The software should have bee written to accept the PagePlus files and save everyone the trouble. Now if I can get the printer to not take so long to print.

• Staff

Hi Arachiya, 

As with all new software it will take time to learn the new features etc. You can find some tutorials which should help with this below.
https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/tutorials/publisher/desktop/
Please could you provide a screenshot of your printer settings within Affinity? When start a print job via Affinity does the job appear in your printer que?

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.