You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Files getting overwritten without warning

Have File1 open in Designer. Got to Open Recent menu to open File2. Tried holding down Cmd key to see if I can open more than one file from menu. Designer opens File2 but all the content is now that of File1. No option to undo, and File2 has already been saved with the new content. No warnings, confirmations or anything, which makes me think this is a bug not a designed process.

Designer version: 1.10.5

• Staff

Hi JonLumb,

Welcome to the forums.

I've never heard of this happening and as far as I'm aware it shouldn't be possible. Are you able to recreate this behaviour at all? If you can please could you provide a screen recording demonstrating this?

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

6 hours ago, jonlumb said:

Have File1 open in Designer. Got to Open Recent menu to open File2. Tried holding down Cmd key to see if I can open more than one file from menu. Designer opens File2 but all the content is now that of File1. No option to undo, and File2 has already been saved with the new content. No warnings, confirmations or anything, which makes me think this is a bug not a designed process.

Not happening here on OS 11.6.7

Are you absolutely certain that you didn't open File1 again?

For what it is worth the trick with the Command key to select discontinuous multiple files only works in dialog boxes, not menu items. Never has.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.