You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Want to create this same Background image from this Photo ?

1 hour ago, augustya said:

Second on the Live Vignette Filter, why did you think to use it ? I mean what does it do ?

I'm not JimmyJack but you can easily see below why he used a Vignette filter for applying what you're after with your image ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

To find out for yourself, so you don’t have to wait for answers, look in the Help and see what that says, and/or look at the settings which you can use in either function.
If the Help page for both is the same, and/or there are the same settings in each, then they are probably the same, except one is destructive and one is non-destructive (the Live one).
Or, experiment using the Live version and if that doesn’t do what you want then try the non-Live version.

8 hours ago, augustya said:

Hey ! I went through the File you updated. And I see you have done 2 things added a Outer Glow and Second is added a Live Vignette Filter. And my question is, why did you apply the Outer Glow on a Duplicate file ? Why did you have to create a duplicate file for this ? So the steps were you just created a duplicate file and applied the Effect Layer and used the Outer Glow right ?

Second on the Live Vignette Filter, why did you think to use it ? I mean what does it do ? And in this case why did you think it would help ? Can you tell me what was your thought process behind it ?

Outer Glow:
I was just experimenting. Sometimes I find it a little easier to be able to quickly toggle the visibility and change transparency of something if it's right there in the layers instead of having to repeatedly click into the secondary FX panel (.... especially if the whole file isn't more than just a couple layers). But, there's no reason why it can't just be an Outer Glow or Outer Shadow on the image layer itself. No duplicate is necessary.

Vignette:
A) Used it because your words ....

On 5/7/2022 at 6:46 AM, augustya said:

The Original Idris Elba wallpaper has got Darker Corners, so if anyways if even I can have it in my Project that would be great. I tried playing with the Gradient Bar it is not yet giving me that dark corners.

are literally the definition of Vignetting. See @v_kyr's links above.
B) Live Filter because, as others have noted, is non destructive.

The dark corners, on the backdrop of the original image in the first post, are not there because of vignetting (vignette is a property of all lenses). That darkening is made by the lighting of the backdrop.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

8 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

The dark corners, on the backdrop of the original image in the first post, are not there because of vignetting (vignette is a property of all lenses). That darkening is made by the lighting of the backdrop.

Yes, agree but in this case we are trying to mimic, we are trying to replicate, we trying to duplicate an actual real cloth by means of digital intelligence that we have. Isn’t that a commendable thing ? cheers to human brain and intelligence that this is possible today !!

1 minute ago, augustya said:

Yes, agree but in this case we are trying to mimic, we are trying to replicate, we trying to duplicate an actual real cloth by means of digital intelligence that we have. Isn’t that a commendable thing ? cheers to human brain and intelligence that this is possible today !!

Please see my earlier post. With an included example.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

54 minutes ago, JimmyJack said:

Outer Glow:
I was just experimenting. Sometimes I find it a little easier to be able to quickly toggle the visibility and change transparency of something if it's right there in the layers instead of having to repeatedly click into the secondary FX panel (.... especially if the whole file isn't more than just a couple layers). But, there's no reason why it can't just be an Outer Glow or Outer Shadow on the image layer itself. No duplicate is necessary.

Vignette:
A) Used it because your words ....

are literally the definition of Vignette. See @v_kyr's links above.
B) Live Filter because, as others have noted, is non destructive.

So I can use the outer glow feature even on the main pixel layer? Right? I don’t need to duplicate the main pixel layer? Right?

5 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

Jip, though there are thousends of fake canvas backdrops/backgrounds in whatever color you want available for download on the net, these aren't all shots from real photo background paper. The majority of them are created by software to mimic photo canvas backdrops. And in order to simulate different lighting on artificial backdrops there are several ways to do so, like using gradients, vignette filters, or artificial lighting sources etc.

Affinity Photo too offers an artificial lighting filter, which also can produce that effect ...

lightning-filter.png

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2