You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Add antialias for selection, feather/smooth does not do what i need.

Add antialias for selection, feather/smooth does not do what i need. i want do selecitons what look this image i used own photo and done this example in Gimp and i dont like it works i simply want "paint" selection sameway what we have in Photo and is really paintful do part in gimp and go back to Photo and even more even i want keep image in used colour profiles. and even using 0px feather/smooth does way too blurred.

demo_gimp.png

• Staff

Hi @MxHeppa, the selection tools do have anti-aliasing options available on the context toolbar—see "Soft Edges" for the Selection Brush Tool, and "Antialias" for the marquee and freehand/polygonal/magnetic selection tools. Hope that helps!

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials

13 hours ago, James Ritson said:

Hi @MxHeppa, the selection tools do have anti-aliasing options available on the context toolbar—see "Soft Edges" for the Selection Brush Tool, and "Antialias" for the marquee and freehand/polygonal/magnetic selection tools. Hope that helps!

marqueer tool way looks perfect at least quick test when i set feather to 0px before i do selection and use antialias mode. luckily i can use it similar way than selection tool. i dont see any difference. and single time when used marqueer tool when try paste clipboard content (where i copied marqueer area) says current clipboard content does not have size.
ps. soft edges is way too smooth for this.(i one idea here is paint flowers (in real watercolour paint)) and put them single colour background for fabric design. and similar uses.

• 3 months later...

I can use the menu item Select > Selection from layer and get any of the coloured shapes to be the selection.

705095820_ScreenShot2022-07-12at10_12_21AM.png.d39da062f2b5356f3f3f13eaf9a29d9f.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.