You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I'm facing a problem where when a user opens Publisher, the RAM starts creeping up past 15Gb, then all of a sudden once the file opens, Publisher crashes. They're using version 1.10.4, but we've also tried the latest version 1.10.5 and even rolled back to 1.10.1, but still the same issue. This happens on all files. I've uploaded the dump file if it helps anyone assist with this problem. The files work on other machines using the same version.

Help greatly appreciated!

052a261f-e2b3-49bb-b180-5a64aafa1609.dmp

Edited by Design_International
Added tags

And welcome to the forums yourself, @NathanC :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

47 minutes ago, NathanC said:

Hi @Design_International welcome to the forums,

I've looked into your attached dump file which was inconclusive on the problem, could you attach the Publisher file in question or alternatively upload it to the below dropbox link?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/9zOnCojsfhlmxYJ93jzT

Hi! Thanks for the reply.

I don't believe the issue to be with the file as it works fine on other machines (as mentioned in my original post).

• Staff

Hi @Design_International,

Is this behaviour replicated on a new file on the machine causing the issue? If you were to create a new Publisher document > save and then re-open the same blank document does the issue occur?

You could try reverting the application to it's default settings by following the below steps:

1. On the application shortcut, click once onto the shortcut, hold down control and right click > open the application whilst still holding down control.
2. This will prompt a new menu 'Clear User Data' with three boxes ticked, press the 'Clear' at the bottom right hand corner.
3. Load the application back up to confirm if this has resolved the issue.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The user has found a workaround... he has found if he opens the file, then while its loading the document he goes to save it. Saves as a different filename, then it opens fine and hes able to use it as normal. I don't really understand how that works, BUT, it works for him. As I say its a workaround rather than a resolution.

With regards to clearing user data, the same thing happened on another recently built machine. First time he'd logged on so there wouldn't be any user data to clear.