You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ipad grid visual bug?

KiraCerceis

I have this grid bug for quite a long time. Am I doing something wrong or is this what it should be? I am following youtube tutorials and other people's grid looks just fine.

Edit: I am using Ipad pro 13 inch iPad pro 12.9inch 2019. Affinity Designer ver 1.10.19

Edited by KiraCerceis
Added more info

Looks like a bug, or a temporary hardware issue.

could you try to force restart you iPad?

If it does not help, can you please upload the file (saved with history)?
was the file newly created in designer, or imported from somewhere else?

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

15 hours ago, NotMyFault said:

Looks like a bug, or a temporary hardware issue.

could you try to force restart you iPad?

If it does not help, can you please upload the file (saved with history)?
was the file newly created in designer, or imported from somewhere else?

I have tried force restart my iPad nothing still not working. It's not a problem for a specific document it's a problem for all document. Even on the default sample files. I have have this problem back as far as 2019 back when I bought affinity designer. I thought it will be fixed eventually, but it still persist after years.

• Staff
8 hours ago, KiraCerceis said:

I have tried force restart my iPad nothing still not working. It's not a problem for a specific document it's a problem for all document. Even on the default sample files. I have have this problem back as far as 2019 back when I bought affinity designer. I thought it will be fixed eventually, but it still persist after years.

I've not been able to replicate this on 2 iPads here in the office, so perhaps i'm missing something.  Could you create a sample file which shows the issue for you and post it here, so i can try with that? 

On 2/23/2022 at 5:16 PM, stokerg said:

I've not been able to replicate this on 2 iPads here in the office, so perhaps i'm missing something.  Could you create a sample file which shows the issue for you and post it here, so i can try with that? 

Isometric.afdesign

Here, this is the file in the video. But basically every file has this problem, including the official samples downloaded.

Did you activate any Accessibility options in iPad settings? The rendering looks really strange, like elements which are normally always aligned get seperated and moved along the diagonal axis relative to each other. This looks so strange that I would recommend to do a complete backup / factory reset / restore process. 

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

18 minutes ago, NotMyFault said:

Did you activate any Accessibility options in iPad settings? The rendering looks really strange, like elements which are normally always aligned get seperated and moved along the diagonal axis relative to each other. This looks so strange that I would recommend to do a complete backup / factory reset / restore process. 

No, and no. I have no Accessibility setup. Plus I have many other apps in my Ipad too. Like Affinity Photo, Procreate, Vectornator, illustrator, etc. Non of them have any bug at all. I am not going to do a factory reset and risk losing data just for this apps. Sorry to say if that's the case I am just gonna drop it, and move to other apps.

2 hours ago, KiraCerceis said:

No, and no. I have no Accessibility setup. Plus I have many other apps in my Ipad too. Like Affinity Photo, Procreate, Vectornator, illustrator, etc. Non of them have any bug at all. I am not going to do a factory reset and risk losing data just for this apps. Sorry to say if that's the case I am just gonna drop it, and move to other apps.

No problem for me. Just trying to point out potential solutions.

Completely independent from Affinity apps I tend to reset / restore iPad about every 1-2 years. Otherwise you will never know if the restore process works. I‘m lucky to have access to 2 iPads (and Mac) and never store anything of value on iPad only, and upgraded to newer iPads 3 times already. Backup / restore worked every time, but I had to learn to use encrypted backups and use iTunes / PC.

Your IPad could get damaged, lost, stolen at any time, so better have a backup/recovery plan prepared and tested - to avoid bad surprises. The data could be worth far more than the device.

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2022 at 10:07 PM, KiraCerceis said:

I have this grid bug for quite a long time. Am I doing something wrong or is this what it should be? I am following youtube tutorials and other people's grid looks just fine.

Edit: I am using Ipad pro 13 inch iPad pro 12.9inch 2019. Affinity Designer ver 1.10.19

Have you been able to fix this problem. I’m having the same issue.

3 minutes ago, NathanC said:

Hi all,

This appears to be affected by 'Display Zoom' being enabled in iPad Settings, try turning this off by going to iOS Settings > Display & Brightness > View and then try this again.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/ipad/ipadbfb08e0a/ipados

That fixed the problem, but now everything looks extremely small. While it does fixed the issue, it should still be fixed so that it does not affected by the settings as it is a accessibility issue.