You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Razor shapness - invert + vivid light - gray space instead of details -> not working / studio reset -> no change

KESagun

Hello,

Please let me know what to do.
I do such procedure for sharpness: 

After several times it worked as should, now it stopped. When I make 3 layers, do invert adj on top and put it below as should be done and pick a vivid light, instead of gray layer with details ready to be modified with motion blur, I have a pure gray empty space with no detail at all. 
Going further with procedure does absolutely nothing. 
Studio reset doesn't help at all 😞

By the way, working with this soft requires using studio reset couple of times retouching one photo, that's crazy and I feel extremaly disappointed.

Invert + vivid.jpg

17 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

Don't you have to group the two duplicates?

Yes, I did, full procedure.

Didn't want to write down every step included in tutorial.

Reset od Affinity with C key helped for this time, but it don't make me happy at all - how many times do I have to reset somenting with Affinity?

• Staff
9 minutes ago, KESagun said:

@Lee DNot sure I know what exactly you mean?
Does it can be set up uncorrectly? How? How can I change it? Do you mean some reset if so, which one please?

If you follow the video tutorial through at 0.49 it says to change the blend mode of the layer to Vivid Light. If you have, show that in a screenshot as I've run through the tutorial and the steps are working.

Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 14.28.13.png

@Lee D Yes, I have done it, exactly. And the result when you change it into Vivid light is this empty gray pade as my screen shot swoves above.
That's what I have described at first post. Here you have it again, only curson is on this layer that shovs vivid light, on previous screen shot was on layer below. image.thumb.png.fb3f6c878210ddb551c7e5767a17ee10.png