You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't register Affinity apps

"You will receive this free kit automatically when you register your app after install"

I have a Mac running 10.15.7 and bought and downloaded the Photo and Publisher apps which promised add-ons if I registered the apps. 

I’ve looked into this issue and it’s been going back for years since at least 2018. Can you just send a separate download so I can add it to the app or can Affinity give me a more direct way of registering or why register when I have an account and have all my details on there already? How does registering prove more than what I have already on Affinity’s site?

Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 16.19.18.png

1 hour ago, ozmo said:

I’ve looked into this issue and it’s been going back for years since at least 2018.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @ozmo.

A very similar problem may have been going on since then, or even several similar problems, which were all (as far as I know) resolved. This is a different (but still similar) problem.

1 hour ago, ozmo said:

why register when I have an account and have all my details on there already? How does registering prove more than what I have already on Affinity’s site?

Someone from Serif may be able to provide more details on that, but as I see it there are several purposes:

1. It helps Serif know who is using their software when the user purchased from Apple or Microsoft, rather than from Serif directly.
  2. It encourages users to make use of tne new My Account ("Content Synchronization") function, which may provide more benefits in the future. But for now, when it works, it is easier for the user as many downloads can happen automatically, and the install of the Store content can also happen automatically.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Also, for now, please see this FAQ article:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Have you tried restarting the programs as Administrator? 

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

• 1 month later...

Ok, clearly I'm missing something here. I'm on Win 11. I've run as Administrator, and managed to successfully register Affinity Publisher.

So now I've got the free add-ons showing in the My Account window inside Publisher, and they're showing the green checkmark indicating they've been successfully downloaded.

So...where exactly ARE they, and how do I actually open them to view their contents?

***edit***

Ah...never mind, got it: New Document->Templates->Affinity Store 👍

Edited by Trippul G

51 minutes ago, Trippul G said:

Ah...never mind, got it: New Document->Templates->Affinity Store 

That is where you will find template files from the store. But other free add ons will be in other places, for example in the Assets panel for the several types of overlays by Paper Farms. Most but not all of these add ons have user guides of some sort you can access through the "My Account" window if you use the disclosure triangle to show what is included in an item that has that.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7