You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo keeps crashing on Windows 11

Photo keeps crashing on Windows 11 if I use things like enlarging the screen, selecting big chuncks of the image etc. Problems I never had on Win10.

I know a lot of people claim it's too early to switch to Win11, but every other application runs fine, so it's just Affinity Photo.

Any help appreciated, because this is getting annoying

Try off HW Acceleration in Preferences.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

gpu drivers, hardware accelertion this two are the most imported things.
Or try the leatest beta to see if this is working better for you.

I have win 11 and 1.10.4.xxxx has several freezes. I use beta 1.10.5 who is working most time, including hardware acceleration on.

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

• 3 months later...

I'm having problems too. Updated laptop because mine was old and slow but no problems with Affinity. New laptop came with windows 11. Affinity keeps freezing and the screen just keeps breaking up. Any help would be great thanks.

13 hours ago, LMH said:

I'm having problems too. Updated laptop because mine was old and slow but no problems with Affinity. New laptop came with windows 11. Affinity keeps freezing and the screen just keeps breaking up. Any help would be great thanks.

Is hardware acceleration on? Maybe try turning it off if it is. (Edit->Preferences->Performance). It fights with some GPU. Are your graphics drivers up to date? And

Thanks I've turned off the Hw acceleration. Fingers crossed I'll see how it goes now. I'm think the drivers should be up to date as it's a brand new laptop but I'll try and check. Thanks very much.

• 1 month later...

I have also the same problem with the Affinity Photo in my new laptop that runs on Window 11. I have tried each and everything still the problem is not solved the only solution is left with me is to go back to Window 10. 

1. I tried uninstall my graphic with DDU and re-install the fresh version 

2. I also ran the test with the RAM, no problem detected 

3. Ran SFC scan, still no luck

4. Updated my Windows 11 latest version, nothing happened. 

Mine is not only crashing its making my Window 11 crash, blue screen comes in. Can anybody confirm if there are also seeing blue screen. I stopped using Affinity for now as these crashes may harm my new laptop hardware. 

Hi, @shaprackand welcome to the forums.

If the laptop produces a BSOD, it is not due to Affinity Photo but to another device driver, another software component running in the background or even a hardware problem. It would be interesting to know the error code that is displayed when a BSOD occurs.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!