You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.10.3 bug - Pages pane warped

I'm working with a large file (174 GB, 600 pages, 90% linked PDF images. Ran update today.

Now the pages in the Pages pane are warped, unreadable and no page numbers show unless I scroll the pane. But then it bounces back to the last page, and subsequent pages in the pane are warped as described. 

System info: Windows 10 Home, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, intel i7 10700KF 3.80GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, Alienware bios

Untitled drawing.jpg

• Staff

Hi Christine,

Please could you tell me if this happens just with this one file or is it all files? If you copy one of the pages into a new document does the pages panel warp like it has in your original document?

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

On 10/26/2021 at 4:12 AM, Callum said:

Hi Christine,

Please could you tell me if this happens just with this one file or is it all files? If you copy one of the pages into a new document does the pages panel warp like it has in your original document?

Thanks
C

I don't have many publisher files. Opened an early backup of a version of the file in question. The warped pages in the Pages pane happens very briefly and then rights itself. Copied a page that had been warped in the file that I originally cited in this thread and pasted it into this earlier back-up (a much smaller file) displayed fine. But there is still odd behavior. It seems the task/options bar at the top is displaying strangely and cutting off icons. Not the Affinity Designer icon, etc. in this screenshot:

Original file cited: 174.7 GB
Earlier backup version: 45.2 GB

image.thumb.png.28ae0749cf79d6994d18436e35f8fab1.png

Edited by christinejump

Nahimic has been causing some weird interface issues, you may want to disable (kill) that service if running on your PC if just to quickly eliminate it

ASUS Sonic / ASUS GPU Tweak III / MSI Nahimic
Problem: User Interface elements can disappear or appear stretched
Cause: ASUS Sonic / ASUS GPU Tweak III / MSI Nahimic interferes with Direct3D9 renderering.
Detection: Check if Nahimic is running as an active Windows Service. Kill the service and see if the problem temporarily stops
Solution: Start the application with --no-hw-ui flag, or stop the software (this won't affect the driver or functionality of the sound card)
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/49247-16089-issues-tabs-vanishing/&do=findComment&comment=249809
User Provided solution (not verified by our developers): https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/147155-ui-elements-disappearing-on-hover-publisher-19-110/&do=findComment&comment=822640

Source: 

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

On 10/27/2021 at 11:46 PM, carl123 said:

Start the application with --no-hw-ui flag, or stop the software (this won't affect the driver or functionality of the sound card)

Thank you for your help. 

I have stopped the Nahemic service through the Task Manager. That seems a tedious work around because it reloads at every restart. However, That alone did not fix the problem. I've uninstalled Affinity, rolled back to 1.9.2.1035 and restored factory resets. It seems to be functioning for the purposes of finishing my current project. 

To which application does the above quote reference, and how would I go about starting it as indicated: I don't seem to have an application with the name Nahemic anywhere in it. 

I am using an NVIDIA card (GeForce RTX 2060), but "Optimize for computer performance" is not an option in the Control Panel. Surround sound is off too.

9 hours ago, christinejump said:

To which application does the above quote reference, and how would I go about starting it as indicated:

It refers to Photo itself, but if stopping the Nahimic service didn't help, I wouldn't bother.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1