You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do I name a document file when saving it?

I just tried saving a newly created document in Designer, but I can't find a way to name the file 🤯. I can select tags and a directory in which to save the file, but not a name for it. (I don't know how to find out which version of Designer I am using  🤔 , but clicking "About…" in the "Affinity Designer" menu, produces an image with "1.10.1" displayed under its lower right corner …)

1279911997_Screenshot2021-09-22at20_09_12.thumb.png.b9da6e77a699118d69d979446cd60eb0.png

8 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi @Hildred Rex,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Seems you are using Separated mode. Move/drag the main toolbar away from the Save dialog (to the bottom for example) and you should see the input field to name the file (it's covered by the main toolbar in your screenshot).

Haha 🤦‍♂️, found it! I thought the Save dialog was attached to the toolbar …

Thanks!

@MEB please see my post regarding this bug in separated mode and related, the dual monitor scenario:

36 minutes ago, Fixx said:

This is a bug in UI. Open/Save dialogs should always be on the top of all other elements.

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);
  • Keyboard layout: german apple extended keyboard (aluminium);