You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I can't register the Affinity software

• Staff

Hi Maalin,

Welcome to the forums :)

Please could you tell me which version of Affinity you are using and if you have any anti virus running that might be interfering with this window? If you are trying to log into this window so that you can download and install any add ons you may have purchased then you can download them manually by logging into your account on our website and navigating to the downloads and product keys section.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

17 minutes ago, Callum said:

Hi Maalin,

Please could you tell me which version of Affinity you are using and if you have any anti virus running that might be interfering with this window? If you are trying to log into this window so that you can download and install any add ons you may have purchased then you can download them manually by logging into your account on our website and navigating to the downloads and product keys section.

Thanks

C

Hi, 
the version for all 3 is 10.10.1
I disabled all antivirus, but it still gives error.

1 hour ago, Callum said:

Hi Maalin,

Thanks

C

Update: yes, it was exactly as you said. Antivirus. I temporarily disabled it, quit and relaunched the apps (that is why it didn't do it earlier on), and registration goes through.
Thank you for the assistance!

• 4 months later...

I have the same problem with a Windows 11 PC and only Windows Defender installed. Even disabling all the items related to antivirus and firewall, I always get the same result.
Any other ideas to solve?
- Affinity Photo 1.10.4.1198 / Win
- Affinity Designer 1.10.4.1198 / Win
Thank you!!

photo_2022-01-16_15-25-46.jpg

Edited by Paolo Giardini

45 minutes ago, Paolo Giardini said:

Any other ideas to solve?

For now, run the program as an administrator once (right-click, choose Run as Administrator), and you should be able to Register or Sign-In to My Account.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

34 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

For now, run the program as an administrator once (right-click, choose Run as Administrator), and you should be able to Register or Sign-In to My Account.

Good idea Walt!
Starting Photo and Designer as an administrator allowed me to register and access my area. I don't understand why it is necessary to start them as an administrator but let's say that with Microsoft .... you have to get over it!😉
Thanks a lot for the tip; this is a solution for my issue....
Cheers!

It's simply a workaround for now whilst Serif fix the bug. It shouldn't be necessary, of course!

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.
Running Affinity Suite V2 on Windows 11 17" HP Envy i7 (8th Gen) & Windows 11 MS Surface Go 3 alongside MS365 (Insider Beta Channel).