You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HELP!! All My Imported Fonts are no longer working!

Hi guys! All my important fonts are now showing up as red in the font box and any design using those fonts are now being edited into a standard arial font! This is an absolute nightmare for me as I use these fonts daily for work and clients items! I’ve tried re-importing and seeing if they work but no luck! Any ideas why this is happening and how I can solve it ASAP? Thanks so much!

Bobbi x

71124A11-6F16-4FE5-AB07-9BA9C8253D29.png

Are your fonts installed through Designer or 3rd party font manager? Can you use them in other apps?If Designer only, try logging into your account and synchronise your downloaded fonts.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• Staff

Hi @Bobbi Ivy,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

I can confirm this is a known bug within the current version of Affinity Designer for iPad, however it has already been fixed within our latest customer beta!

Please find the link below to our latest iPad beta version, where you will find the 'Testflight' link to sign up for the beta - 

If you don't wish to use our beta version then this issue should be fixed within our next update, though we don't have a release date to provide for this at this time. I hope this helps.

48 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Hi @Bobbi Ivy,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

I can confirm this is a known bug within the current version of Affinity Designer for iPad, however it has already been fixed within our latest customer beta!

Please find the link below to our latest iPad beta version, where you will find the 'Testflight' link to sign up for the beta - 

If you don't wish to use our beta version then this issue should be fixed within our next update, though we don't have a release date to provide for this at this time. I hope this helps.

Hi! Thanks for getting back to me, so I have downloaded the beta version however I’m slightly confused. I have logged into my affinity account but none of my existing artwork seems to be there? Along will all my imported fonts, they’re not showing up either. I believed that the point of affinity bringing accounts is so that my artwork be saved on pot my account so when logging in, my work would come up. This is not the case? I’m unable to start fresh on this beta account as all my artwork has been done on the original affinity app I have. How is this a solution?

5 minutes ago, Bobbi Ivy said:

Hi! Thanks for getting back to me, so I have downloaded the beta version however I’m slightly confused. I have logged into my affinity account but none of my existing artwork seems to be there? Along will all my imported fonts, they’re not showing up either. I believed that the point of affinity bringing accounts is so that my artwork be saved on pot my account so when logging in, my work would come up. This is not the case? I’m unable to start fresh on this beta account as all my artwork has been done on the original affinity app I have. How is this a solution?

The beta app is a separate app, with its own iOS sandbox for active files, and it's own settings, brushes, fonts, assets, etc.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Just now, walt.farrell said:

The beta app is a separate app, with its own iOS sandbox for active files, and it's own settings, brushes, fonts, assets, etc.

So this will not solve my issue with my issue with my artwork for clients. I have thousands of fonts imported onto my affinity app. None of which are working! 

• Staff

No problem at all, thanks for letting me know!

7 minutes ago, Bobbi Ivy said:

I have logged into my affinity account but none of my existing artwork seems to be there? Along will all my imported fonts, they’re not showing up either. I believed that the point of affinity bringing accounts is so that my artwork be saved on pot my account so when logging in, my work would come up. This is not the case?

Unfortunately this isn't how the 'My Account' feature works within Affinity - this is designed to allow you to download and install your purchased kits / free 'bonus' packs from the Affinity Store. This feature does not save/store any of your own documents, or custom created brushes, assets, fonts etc on Desktop or iPad.

9 minutes ago, Bobbi Ivy said:

I’m unable to start fresh on this beta account as all my artwork has been done on the original affinity app I have. How is this a solution?

You can save your documents from the retail Affinity app and then import/open these documents in the beta app to continue your work. If you have installed the fonts through iOS settings, these should be automatically detected - unfortunately if you had installed these fonts originally through Affinity iOS then you will need to reinstall the fonts within the beta version.

As I mentioned in my original post, if you're unable to use the beta version for any reason then we do hope to release this as a retail update as soon as possible, however I cannot provide a timescale for this release at this time.

I hope this clears things up!