You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

how to apply a effect pack

Good Afternoon, I recently downloaded a photocopy effect pack and I don't know how to access it for my photos. Its downloaded on my laptop with the affinity symbol and when I click it, it opens up but I don't know how to add it to my work. If anyone can explain how these work it or can suggest a video it would be greatly appreciated. 

2 minutes ago, Wosven said:

Those packs are for Photoshop, not Affinity Photo.

it opens up in affinity and the downloaded file has the affinity logo. If that is the case and this might be a stretch but do you know where I can get a similar pack from for affinity.

https://gmic.eu/download.html

2 minutes ago, hijoshhh said:

it opens up in affinity and the downloaded file has the affinity logo. If that is the case and this might be a stretch but do you know where I can get a similar pack from for affinity.

It doesn't mean much if a file appears with the Affinity Logo on your computer. That only means that your computer detects Photo as the most suitable software to open it, only because there is none on your computer  that fits better. You can easily change the prefered software for this file type to another program, even it will not work with it.

I'm not sure if you will find exactly this effect there, but you could give the free G'MIC-plugin a try. It is a f verry fine collection of more than 500 free filters with its own interface. Scroll down a little and choose the 8bf-plugin for Photoshop, Affinity Photo, Paintshop Pro...

Perhaps you'll have easier step searching Youtbe for tutorial, and you'll be able to correst the file of the other site to get a better result (for example, the LUT is only a pixel layer, it shouldn't):

You can also get idea from PS tutorial (I didn't watch the video in the site you posted, but perhaps theres interesting steps you can reproduce).

24 minutes ago, hijoshhh said:

But what is the full file name, including the extension? If you're on Windows you should always have File Explorer configured to show you the file extensions, as that helps with diagnosis and helps avoid confusion.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

53 minutes ago, iconoclast said:

https://gmic.eu/download.html

It doesn't mean much if a file appears with the Affinity Logo on your computer. That only means that your computer detects Photo as the most suitable software to open it, only because there is none on your computer  that fits better. You can easily change the prefered software for this file type to another program, even it will not work with it.

I'm not sure if you will find exactly this effect there, but you could give the free G'MIC-plugin a try. It is a f verry fine collection of more than 500 free filters with its own interface. Scroll down a little and choose the 8bf-plugin for Photoshop, Affinity Photo, Paintshop Pro...

Thank you for the clarification. And i will definitely look into the plug ins.

58 minutes ago, Wosven said:

Perhaps you'll have easier step searching Youtbe for tutorial, and you'll be able to correst the file of the other site to get a better result (for example, the LUT is only a pixel layer, it shouldn't):

You can also get idea from PS tutorial (I didn't watch the video in the site you posted, but perhaps theres interesting steps you can reproduce).

The video from the site wasn't really helpful more of a showing you what it does. I think i will look into the plug ins and this video and formulate my own look. Thanks for the help.

8 hours ago, hijoshhh said:

The video from the site wasn't really helpful more of a showing you what it does. I think i will look into the plug ins and this video and formulate my own look. Thanks for the help.

If you only want to create a "bad photocopy effect" (don't know what you exactly imagine) you could also try using the Adjustment Layers Posterise or/and Threshold and apply a texture to it by using a Blend Mode.

You can download cool textures for free at Texturelabs.org.

badPhotocopy.JPG.c94ea5b8d3f95d7639ba9c9b50c4a095.JPG