You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

(photo) how to make "change image size" macro with "reference long side", not both sides?

Dear forum members,

a classical droplet for my Adobe RGB tiffs i had in PS was one to make a little jpeg with sharpening in srgb and proportinal size with the long side being 2560 pixels. the proportion itself caould vary if the original picture had different side ratio(s). My problem with Affinity Photo is that i have to give a dedicated size for both sides of the jpeg, so the original picture is forced to a wrong ratio..

almost sure there is an easy solution

help highly appreciated,

best

stefan

Use the following formulas in the W & H boxes of a New Batch Job (NBJ) to resize your images
max (2560, min (w, 2560))
max (2560, min (h, 2560))

Then another NBJ applying a macro which converts to sRGB and sharpens as required. If you apply the sharpening macro in the first NBJ then it will be applied before resizing and that's the wrong way round

Or, if you must do it in one pass then use Filter/Distort/Equations with the following
x=  x*max(w/2560,h/2560)
y=  y*max(w/2560,h/2560)

If you wish you can record the sharpening in the same macro or make a separate one and apply both in the NBJ
Trouble with Filter/Distort/Equations is that you cannot select the resampling method but if the results are accepteble then fine

The attached macro resizes images to a max long dimension of 2560

EquationsResize2560.afmacro

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10