You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Error exporting to .pdf with Publisher 1.10.0.1127

I have a file, produced with the previous version of Publisher which, having opened it using the latest version of Publisher (1.10.0.1127), when exporting to pdf fails and reports an error.  Anyone else having this problem.  If I open the file with the earlier version there is no problem with the export to pdf.

It might help if you tell us what error is reported.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I am having the same problem with Designer & Publisher since the upgrade.  The PDF exports are completely blank.  The Adobe preview error says "a drawing error occurred". I need to get these pdf's published today.  Can I go back to the older version of Designer for now?  If so, how?

Please help.

I didn't have problems at first, until I clicked on "print-ready" as a PDF export option.  Now I can't export any PDF.  I did revert back to version 1.9.2, but now it just says "An error occurred while exporting to: (folder name), and it never finishes calculating the file size.   It never even gets to the Adobe preview page telling me about the drawing error or previewing a blank page.  I have rebooted the PC several times.  I am using Windows 10 Pro.

I upgraded back to 1.10.0, but still no pdf export for the tour poster.  

Here's the weird thing.  I took a screen shot of the error notification and exported it as a pdf with no problems.  Then I made a new, sample poster, and it exported as a pdf just fine. However I cannot get my Tour poster to export as a pdf.  I have removed all links and email addresses.  I made the graphic into a curve.  I converted the text frame to artistic text.   Still not able to export it as a pdf. 

RightOnTheRoadTourPoster.afdesign RightOnTheRoadTourPoster.pdf export error.pdf No Text Tour Poster Designer.afdesign

45 minutes ago, Lagarto said:

It is the blue frame (outline) that is causing the drawing error. Using another PDF viewer (e.g. PDF X-Change) does not have problems displaying the file, and you can also open the PDF back in Designer without problems.

EDIT: More precisely, it is the gradient fill in the object (bottom curve in the Layers panel), that causes the problem. If you remove the fill from that object, it exports and shows also in Adobe Reader (Acrobat) without errors.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

I changed the gradient to just a white fill.  That's all it took.  I really, really appreciate your help on this.