You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cant save documents in 1.10.0

Similar to others in this thread, I am getting the same issue. 

For other peoples reference:
If I crash affinity via Task Manager - reopening the same file will prompt that a recovery file is available. 

For Affinity:
Although not reproduceable every time, I was able to recreate the problem in some instances by just nudging a picture frame located on a master page.

For now I am rolling back to 1.9.# until a fix is confirmed, I can't risk having save issues.

Hello all. There is a new beta that fixed the bug. U can use it as well/instead.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/147415-affinity-publisher-customer-beta-11011135/

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

7 hours ago, Komatös said:

Hello all. There is a new beta that fixed the bug. U can use it as well/instead.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/147415-affinity-publisher-customer-beta-11011135/

Yes, and that really saved my ass from a deadline! At this point, a big thank you to the developers of Affinity that they have managed in such a short time a solution by providing the beta version of Publisher.

After installing the beta version, I was able to open, edit, save (yeah!) all the documents I had already edited with version 1.10. without any problems and finally complete my project successfully. There are absolutely no problems with saving anymore, it runs stable without crashes and everything is great. You can't believe how happy you made me, so once again a huge THANK YOU! I love you and your apps and have been using them professionally for about 2 years. All I can say is that you can't make graphic programs any better than this! They make working so easy, simple and it's just a joy to implement even complex projects with them. So, that's my official declaration of love to Serif and the whole Affinity team! 🤍

To all Publisher users who have problems with crashes, saving documents since updating to version 1.10:  Give the beta version a chance and try it out.  You can download it from the link above and everything will be fine!

I think I am having this issue, as I cannot save, save as, or even save as a template.  But, I am getting a different message at the moment...

AFPub_RestrictedFontError.png.d926301e0ae756038c7d410d92b1889d.png

The thing is, I designed a font in there myself.  The other font I have used before in AFPub.

AFPub_RestrictedFontIsMINE.png.80c063b9a88dc9c9f1a41574e74d9d3d.png

I'm not saying I have finished it, Avenura Regular still has some tracking issues. I fixed these in AFPub.  

There is nothing I can do to over-ride this, I click on everything I can and can't change a damn thing, and this message is purely, positively, absolutely wrong.

The font itself is available online here:

https://www.font-journal.com/fonts/13445/avenura.php 

Note, I have only used this font on two pages.

But this might be the reason why I cannot save from AFPub 1.10?

OK, so I tried to save as a package, still no go, and I see the familiar error...

AFPub_FailedToSaveError.png.1bdc2d82cee3ad47276471ae7a4910a8.png

So, of course I want to fix my font, but I have no idea why it would be restricted, it is a Freeware Font:

"This is a font is OK to use for commercial, non-profit, charitable or personal reasons."

So, I am pretty miffed.

Changing this font, will I be able to save the document?  I'll go see (and if I have to change out that font, I will lose all my tracking). 

Nope...

AFPub_FailedToSaveError2.png.51da8bb8ade5eea43a0bc02718d2c08b.png

So, I guess it's been reported?  

No way to save my work, eh?  

This is not good.

• Staff

@SymbioticDesign

The message you are seeing is nothing to do with the export warning or the font you have used. It's very likely that the problem is a corrupted picture frame, the same as every other person who has this problem with 1.10.0

We are planning on releasing 1.10.1 this week with this failure to save problem resolved.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I'm sorry, I forgot to me mention that I deleted the one single picture frame in that book.

But after I tried everything to save that book and posted here, I couldn't save in the other two books I had open and was working on at the time, either.

Now, I only lost a little bit in the one book I was actively working on, and I wound-up with a revision that was even better using the beta.  I had saved the other two books before all this, but they successfully saved and had all kinds of picture frames.

However, I did have an issue with a picture frame in one of those books.  After I added 2 intro pages, the very first content page had a picture frame that lost its image.  

I undid the 2 page add, saved my work, then added the 2 pages again, still that first picture frame lost the image, so I saved my work as something else.

That's when I took a break and started another one that I needed to properly complete that book.

Anyway, those books, full of picture frames saved.

And yes, I did download the beta and am using it now, and even though I understand this may be fixed I posted because I was not certain the issue was fully addressed. 

I thought the font issue had something to do with this you may have overlooked, which is why I posted. Especially with so many picture frames in my other books. But, I will point that out in a separate post, because I am pretty peeved about that font being restricted for no reason, as well. That may be my fault, but when I run into these errors after my work didn't save, I thought you needed that info.

Thanks for your help, I still really believe in Affinity Software, best thing going out there, more intuitive and so much more easier to use.  Which is why I want to help make it better when I do run into an issue.