You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to cut various stokes at the same time

Hello,

I was wondering if it existed a simple and quick way to cut a bunch of stokes a a time (strokes that have only the to extremes nodes). 

So far, the only way see to do it is to selecto stroke per stroke, create a new node in between, then separate curve... that a bit long 😬

Am I missing something? 

Thanks!

Are we talking about the strokes like the ones in the top half or are we talking about segments of the bottom curve.

349763572_ScreenShot2021-07-12at7_47_24AM.png.a348c8d5e433c45cf0d18159d2e85c28.png

If it is the latter just use the Node tool and hold down the Control Key and click on the segment you wish to remove. One at a time, no multi selection.

For the former just use the move tool and select by shift clicking or drag around the ones you want to remove.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

You could do that by using the Vector Crop Tool: Select all strokes, group them and then use the Vector Crop Tool. But the strokes will not really be cropped - you will not get nodes at the cutting edge.

You could even expand the strokes, so that they are forms (menu "Layers" > "Expand Stroke"). Then you can select them and use the Geometry function "Add" to make one form outoff them all. Then you can subtract a rectangle from them to cut them.

But I'm afraid this will not be what you are looking for.

Really depends on what exactly is the makeup of the image. You have some sort of North America split at the 49th. Is it two outlines or one with a simple line at the 49th?

I would start by making the vertical lines (have them fill the canvas from left to right and top to bottom) and put them in a group.

Draw the outline of North America. Make a rectangle to contain the northern half and use the Boolean Divide to get three shapes, one of which I will throw away. \

Duplicate the group of lines and put one in the north and one in the south.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

When you can live with expand strokes, the resulting curves can be cut by geometric operations. 

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.