You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

NEW WITH AFFINITY

Hello All!

As a new person in a new land, I share the frustrations of trying to find my way into the dark woods.  Maybe me more because, well, just because.  I read about this program, picked it up on sale, and then attempted to load a several-hundred page book into the program.  Nothing.  Nada.  Nothing worked.  So, off to tech support I went, whining all the way.  No support!  I joined my voice with others whining about a lack of tech support.  Well, I was wrong and you can be too!  The links for tech support do not lead anywhere, true.  I decided then, after reading some positive posts (which is the reason for this post) to try pasting the tech support links into an email.  Then, voila!  Guess what happened.  Extensive, informed, professional, articulate messages of support began to arrive.  Tech support is available, in short.  Just paste those addresses into an email and you're good to go.  Hope this helps someone, anyone, wandering deep into the woods.    S.   🤗  OH, then you have to wait.  Time differences will account for some of that, incoming messages, generating responses, etc etc.  Like the beaver said, "life is just one damn thing after another."  Hope this helps.  Someone.  Stay safe out there!  

• Staff

Hi @TheStudioSusan (you may want to change your username from your email address to something else).

Can you please let us know which links for tech support you are referring to that do not work? We'd love to look in to that and get that correct if there are dead links.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

Hi there........ see if this link works.  I shall send a screen shot also.  I see that one is merely a repeat.  If you explore those threads you will find what I found.  There are links that, even when I disabled Adblock, they would not connect.  I believe they are contained herein.  I shall see if I can locate them elsewhere too.  

image.png.3c32b4b2832a02f61bdfba534171b698.png

Specifically, the link email address, bottom of this screenshot will not take me to a menu.  This is what I cut and pasted into my gmail account to reach support.  Just FYI, posting our questions on FB or publicly is rather like airing one's laundry publicly.  Accolades, yes.  Stupid questions, no.  They may be pretty stupid after all.  Walk into a strange setting, like a sewing shop, perhaps (if you don't sew) and ask what a needle is.  Ask the wrong person in earshot of a wrong person and watch what happens to your self image, even if you are like me and criticism doesn't pierce your heart.  I'm too damn old, however, I require specifics and don't wish to bore the public with my ignorance.  Or something.  Thanks for asking.  I hope this helps.  Your program, your adverts, you professionalism deserve more than to be bandied about on the internet like you're selling Rolex watches from the linking of your overcoat.  🙃

image.png.1adc2f50a8541da14af0a36e6f70f5cd.png

1 hour ago, StevenS said:

(you may want to change your username from your email address to something else)

And you in turn, @StevenS, may want to edit your post to remove Susan’s previous username from your greeting.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 minute ago, TheStudioSusan said:

You have been around a while.

I don’t deny it, Susan, but that doesn’t necessarily promise any expertise! By the way, I’m still not sure which particular email address(es) you’re having problems with.

Alfred spacer.png

The Customer Support address affinity@serif.com should work OK, as should the Technical Support address affinitysupport@serif.com

Alfred spacer.png

• Staff

(Double) Thanks @Alfred I wanted to ensure that Susan would get the notification, and then update my message when I was online again but it seems that Patrick was already on the ball 😊

@TheStudioSusanThe email address on our contact page will not open up a menu when clicked, and what you are doing (copying and pasting in to Gmail) is what you should be doing.

If you have an email client set up on your computer, it would open a "new email" window when clicked with the address already in the "To:" area, but that is a operating system/mail client setting and not something that we can make happen ourselves.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

I know, I know, but don’t you think Albert might wonder why he’s been tagged into this thread? ;)

1 hour ago, StevenS said:

Thanks @Albert, I wanted to ensure that Susan would get the notification, and then update my message when I was online again but it seems that Patrick was already on the ball 😊

Alfred spacer.png

• Staff
14 hours ago, Alfred said:

I know, I know, but don’t you think Albert might wonder why he’s been tagged into this thread? ;)

Oh man 🙈 I should just go to bed at night, and leave the forum well alone after 5pm/weekends 😴

13 hours ago, TheStudioSusan said:

Wait.  Does that include punctuation errors?  New here, remember.  

Does what include punctuation errors Susan?