You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Trim option like in Phtososhop

Hello community,

I need to crop my images regularly. I still use Photoshop for this, as I find the Trim option here just awesome. I only use Photoshop to crop the images.

Is this option also available in Affinity Photo, with the same choices (trim the image based on transparent pixels -see screenshot)?

My English is unfortunately no longer the best :( I hope you can still understand what I mean. 

Thanks in advance!

screenshot.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
3 hours ago, polydegen said:

this is the first thing I looked for

On 6/14/2021 at 12:37 PM, MEB said:

No, these options are not available in Affinity Photo.

Actually, "Transparent Pixels > Trim away: Top/Left/Bottom/Right" is essentially this:
Document > Crop Canvas

Alternatively – since Crop Canvas sometimes follows its own "logic" depending on layer structure – you can make use of Snap to pixel selection bounds:

• Cmd-click on a layer or a group of layers to make a marquee selection which will also include all >0 transparency
  • Snapping options: Snap to pixel selection bounds
  • Crop tool will snap to it

Additionally, for some incomprehensible reasons apparently known only to the Serif engineers, in the Panorama mode only there's also Crop To Opaque:
Ugly workaround to apply Crop To Opaque to your existing document:

1. temporarily export your image as TIFF or PNG with transparency
  2. File > Panorama
  3. add your exported image twice, otherwise there's nothing to stitch
  4. stitch > OK
  5. Crop tool > context toolbar: Crop To Opaque 
  6. Apply
  7. voilà

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

Just now, MEB said:

You're missing the point.

I know what Photoshop Trim does, and I checked it out today again to be sure.
In the "Transparent Pixels" mode with all four edges enabled, the results were the same as Crop Canvas with my test document.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

1 hour ago, polydegen said:

In my case, using Affinity Photo 2.0.3, it was called "Clip Canvas".

Yes, my mistake… :)