You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot see installed/supposedly available content on my app

I've recently got a new laptop and was downloading everything to it. After downloading and successfully installing 2 additional packs of fonts and brushes etc. from my account on the website it prompted me to try doing it directly in the app as it was quicker. It seemed to work, all the features eventually got a green tick by them, but they don't appear to be available on my app. There are no extra fonts, brushes etc. relating to the ones downloaded, installed and according to the app available other than the original 2 that I did via the website. What's going on?

First, it might help if you told us which app & which OS you are using.

Beyond that, fonts are not specific to any Affinity app so if they are installed correctly they should be available in any app that can use different fonts. Brushes should be available in the Brushes panel but note that if they are raster brushes you will need to be in the pixel persona to see them.

Other items may be in the Assets panel.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

2 hours ago, ronanski said:

There are no extra fonts, brushes etc. relating to the ones downloaded, installed and according to the app available other than the original 2 that I did via the website.

Fonts: The fonts do not download via the My Account function. If you look at them in that function they should show a white Affinity logo that will link you to the website for manual download and installation.

Brushes: If they downloaded, they have installed. If you're in Designer, make sure you check in the Pixel Persona, as the brushes may be raster brushes. If you're in Publisher, make sure you check in the Photo Persona (if you have the Photo application installed).

Etc: Tell us the name of the item, or give us a screenshot of My Accounts with the entry showing, and with the arrow to the left of the name clicked so the contents of the pack are listed. With that we can provide more suggestions.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Ah, yes the font one has that symbol, and yea the brushes I was looking for appeared in pixel persona. And on further inspection I realised most of the others are textures and overlays, which I have now found in assets. There are also some layout templates, which I realise now are in a separate folder to my templates I created. I wonder if you could tell me where on the computer these would have been saved to? And could I move them to be with the ones I have made? or would this confuse the programme?

Oh but I've just noticed 1 lot of textures did not install itself and had to be manually downloaded as image files and so aren't installed in the programme, is this normal? would there be a way to put them into the assets panel like the others?

Oh and also, do I need to install on all 3 programmes separately? Or will they get installed on all at the same time?

Edited by ronanski
realised something extra

15 minutes ago, ronanski said:

Oh but I've just noticed 1 lot of textures did not install itself and had to be manually downloaded as image files and so aren't installed in the programme, is this normal?

Depends on which ones you are talking about.

16 minutes ago, ronanski said:

Oh and also, do I need to install on all 3 programmes separately?

Yes.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, ronanski said:

There are also some layout templates, which I realise now are in a separate folder to my templates I created. I wonder if you could tell me where on the computer these would have been saved to?

That would depend on your OS and which Store you purchased the application from, and which application.

And could I move them to be with the ones I have made? or would this confuse the programme?

No, you can't move them. Though, you could:

1. Uninstall them, via the My Account panel; then
  2. Manually download them from the web site and put them with your others.

Oh but I've just noticed 1 lot of textures did not install itself and had to be manually downloaded as image files and so aren't installed in the programme, is this normal?

Possibly normal, but without names and (possibly) screenshots of My Account we won't be able to say.

would there be a way to put them into the assets panel like the others?

Probably yes, but not definitely. It would be best to know which one(s) you're asking about before providing advice on that.

Oh and also, do I need to install on all 3 programmes separately? Or will they get installed on all at the same time?

They need to be installed on all 3 programs if you want to use them on all 3 programs. But anything that is usable on all 3 and that installs via My Account can install that way on all three.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

To add slightly to what Walt just posted, in general please remember that unless you identify things by name we probably will not know what you are asking about well enough to give you a good answer.

Affinity Photo 

Okay, so the I am currently talking about designer, but purchased all 3 from Affinity website, and I am using windows 10. The textures that had to be installed manually were in a bundle 'Fine Liner Affinity brushes by The Artifex Forge'.

The textures that had to be installed manually were in a bundle 'Fine Liner Affinity brushes by The Artifex Forge'.

In that bundle is a file named "Instructions." https://cdn.serif.com/store/resources/fine-liner-affinity-brushes/fine-liner-instructions-affinity-designer.pdf 

If you open that & scroll down to where it says "THE TEXTURES" it explains how they are intended to be used.

Affinity Photo 

2 hours ago, ronanski said:

The textures that had to be installed manually were in a bundle 'Fine Liner Affinity brushes by The Artifex Forge'.

As R C-R said, the instructions cover how you're supposed to use those files.

And if you look at the pack in My Accounts, the icon (and hover text) tell you that it needs to be handled manually:

image.png.cd9dbcdff24180080d2a527db1f904ab.png

Some textures are delivered as Assets, which can be automatically downloaded/installed, but some are delivered in other forms.

-- Walt
PC:

Yea I saw that, I was just wondering if there was also the option the other way. I am getting there but I've now encountered a problem installing one of the overlay bundles on affinity photo. Gives me an error (please see screenshot), but it doesn't really explain what the error is. Would you guys be able to decipher what it means?

Screenshot 2021-05-24 145512.png

Just now, ronanski said:

Would you guys be able to decipher what it means?

Someone from Serif might be able to explain that.

When I've seen it it has just been temporary, and clicking Retry or closing the application and restarting it has fixed the issue. But you could also try signing out and signing in again.

(By the way, you might want to obscure or omit the email address in that screenshot.)

-- Walt
PC:

You're welcome :)

-- Walt
PC: