Jump to content
Our response time is longer than usual currently. We're working to answer users as quickly as possible and thank you for your continued patience.

Font size bug, comma dissapears after changing the font size, making it HUGE!


Recommended Posts

As the title explains whenever i change the font size the comma dissapears.

it only happens when i select a font size from the dropdown menu.

It's probably not good practice to use mm as a font size but it's there.

Before:

image.png.3241c8801c23276db4be21d8180f2fc1.png

After changing the font size:

image.png.1d26c7f20e6d8fa3bd67511754d72a71.png

 

I first noticed this comming from 1.8 to 1.9 update.

hope this can be fixed, it gets a little anoying after changing sizes a lot.

Otherwise happy with affinity!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello and welcome to the forum

Go to the preference --> Surface. Here, "Specify text size in points" should be ticked.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700x | INTEL Arc A770 | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro (22621.1194)
Affinity Suite V2.0.4
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
SVG preview in Windows Explorer with "SVG-See  Download SVG-See

"Life is one of the hardest"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you, and thanks for the reply.

But yes, i know of this.

I use mm units to design for cnc machining where i want to know the exact font size in metric.

Manually it still works fine but i just wanted to point out this is a thing.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, I can confirm the bug. The font size does not use the system setting for the decimal seperator.

For me, the decimal point is displayed although the system uses the comma here.

The result is that the decimal separator is ignored and the value appears as an integer. The bug also affects Photo and Publisher.

2114362866_Wrongseperator-standard-scale-2_00x.png.8b945366232ffd6d1af5268f8a383c6d.png

Edited by Komatös
Information extended.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700x | INTEL Arc A770 | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro (22621.1194)
Affinity Suite V2.0.4
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
SVG preview in Windows Explorer with "SVG-See  Download SVG-See

"Life is one of the hardest"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

Hi Antwagonist,

This is caused by the font list not correctly showing , as a decimal separator and instead is still using . which is getting eaten up when applied. I'll get this raised and passed onto development. In the meantime you should still be able to specifiy the size yourself using , as a separator. It is just when choosing from the list that is the issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I second this issue. It's since the/one of the new updates, it worked perfectly fine in 1.8

Interestingly on my end it's exactly the opposite as Kommatös showed, as my system default as decimal separator is

.

and Affinity has ALL* my decimals with

,

* this means that this bug also effects the transform input fields which I use A LOT in my daily workflow in combination with the numpad. So this bug hits me pretty hard, unfortunately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you selected German or German ( Swiss ) in the language settings of Windows?

AMD Ryzen 7 5700x | INTEL Arc A770 | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro (22621.1194)
Affinity Suite V2.0.4
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
SVG preview in Windows Explorer with "SVG-See  Download SVG-See

"Life is one of the hardest"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

Since several release iterations have past now and the bug is still there, did you get any feedback from development when/if there are any plans to fix this? And unfortunately I can't downgrade to 1.8.5 as I have a lot of files to work with which are saved in newer versions of AD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Yes, this is slowing my daily workflow DRASTICALLY. I was hoping that at least in V2 this issue will be gone, but I got dissapointed. :(

It's even more frustrating as it worked in 1.7 (or 1.8 even?) so it should (hopefully) be easy to reproduce/locate the error.

This is driving me nuts for over a year now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note there is currently a delay in replying to some post. See pinned thread in the Questions forum. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.