You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Set default different unit than pixels

Hi everyone,

I work for a print company in Italy and I recently move on all your fantastic suite deleting alla Adobe applications I used for almost 20 years.

All your apps are very fine, but there are some things I can't really understand and I hope it will be fixed on your new realeses.

The most unacceptable thing is that opening jpeg, tiff, or any file there is no possibility to set default unit as centimetres in the preferences.

I print hundreds of pictures every day, and everytime i have to print for example a 50x70 image, or a specific size, everytime  i need to manually change from the view menu from pixels to cm, and this is amazing.

Try to do this hundreds of times a day, and you will understand what I'm saying :D.

The other mysterious thing is the impossibility to export in macros.

I mean, you choose everything, you make all the operations, and at the end you cannot complete the export because setting exporting is not possible in macros.

Frustrating.

And even if you create a batch, it' s true you can decide to export tiff, jpeg, as you want, but for example, if you want to set a specific size, again, you can just set in pixels and not in cm.

I mean, I print in cm, I don't care about pixels...aarghh!!

The last thing. 

When I used photoshop there was the possibility to deform and alterate an image using handles.

It was really helpful when an image was perfectly orthogonal (for example when you merge different scans and there can be a different deformation on the image), and you could use these handles to stretch or lengthen the image to be perfectly squared.

Is there a tool like that in affinity photo? I couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance, 

have  a good day :)

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2021 at 2:34 AM, Federicocentrocopie said:

It was really helpful when an image was perfectly orthogonal (for example when you merge different scans and there can be a different deformation on the image), and you could use these handles to stretch or lengthen the image to be perfectly squared.

Is there a tool like that in affinity photo? I couldn't find it.

Best bet is probably the Perspective Tool, but it works a bit differently.  Tutorials should not be hard to find on YouTube; the official doco is here (but is confusing): https://affinity.help/photo/en-US.lproj/index.html?page=pages/Tools/tools_perspective.html?title=Perspective Tool

Short version, switch to "Source" mode and adjust the grid to match what is there, then to "Destination" mode and straighten the grid.