You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Printing AP document shifts / offsets to Canon Pro Printer

I am trying to print various images / photo's from Affinity Photo using a Canon Pro 1000 printer and for some strange reason all attempts have resulted in the image displaced e.g. not centred. The margins are all set up & look good & even in soft proofing but the A2 printed image is offset to one side (rt.) approx. 2→5mm in both portrait & landscape.

When editing / printing using the Canon software then the photos don't have this issue.

I've noticed other posts on here that have similar issues but I've not discovered a solution.

If anyone is able to advise me as to what is amiss that would be great as not being able to produce a correctly positioned photo kind of defeats the whole purpose of my purchase.

Although I have the Canon Pro 100, I suspect the problem is the same with both.  AP centers the image in the "Printable" area of the page as defined by the printer driver.  For most printers, this also means it's centered on the page. The issue is the Canon Pro 100 printable area is not centered on the page: it's offset towards one short edge by 2 mm.

Try resizing the canvas to the A2 page dimensions, use the center anchor point.  When you print AP fits the canvas to the page even though part of it is outside the printable area.

Yes, That Other Program gets this right.

• 2 months later...