You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Using AP version 1.9.1 on an iMac -2017

Using AP both in  single mode as well as Windows> Separated mode

When I am painting on a image, and then take the image to  the liquify persona for adjustments and coming back to 

the photo persona I notice that AP defaults to the View tool (hand tool)

Normally, I then select the paint brush tool and resume painting.

Sometimes thought after leaving the liquify persona,  even though I select the paint brush tool, the view tool ( hand tool) persists.

Which means I cannot do any editing or painting , AP is stuck on  the view tool.

I have tried the reset studio function : Studio> reset studio but this doesn't correct this issue.

A  restart usually  corrects this situation , though.

Thanks in Advance for your help, 

Sincerely 

Greg CJ

Edited by Gregory-CJ
I think the issue stems from leaving liquify persona.

Okay I think I have found the issue which shows up in both

1. using the Mac OS  "Tile window to left or right screen " as well as by

2. placing  AP on the left half the monitor while featuring several preview images on the right side of the monitor. ( which amounts to the same thing)

I am painting on the left AP image and then want to move the image by holding down the space bar, which brings up the hand (view)tool. Everything is very good up to  this point.

Still holding down the space bar, I touch the right image to move it.... which doesn't work by the way...... and then go back to the left panel image... 

At this point the hand (view) tool shows up and  persists.... meaning  even  selecting the B on the keyboard > paint brush.... I don't get the paint brush but

the persistent hand tool. After several back and forth actions between the B key and the space bar,  the paint brush eventually shows up.

I know...... the answer is not to click on the right hand reference image while holding down the space bar..... but it happens....

This does happen to me when using the separated mode with two images present.... but I haven't managed to replicate this "error" with the same procedures...

Will keep looking for what is causing this freezing of the hand tool while in separated mode.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

2 hours ago, Chris B said:

I got it to happen even after releaseing the space bar before clicking the other image.

Could be the same thing as my observation here:

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

Thanks Chris and Loukash for your input.... this problem did initially show up with the Window> Separated Mode , which I use heavily.

But since I can't replicate this error in separated mode,  I have moved to  using the  two options of split screen that i listed above.   Will go back to using the Window> Separated Mode and see if I can isolate the problem there.

thanks Again!