You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

An urgent appeal to managers and developers of affinity-Serif products.

An urgent appeal to managers and developers of affinity-Serif products.

Get your batteries smart friends.

I have realized that everyone is missing some key or basic tool and that from the beginning I understand that they must have been to work on them, such as,

AFFINITY PHOTO:
1. SOMETHING IS MISSING SUCH AS SMART LAYERS FROM PHOTOSHOP.
2. YOU MISS HOW TO CONVERT COLORS FROM RGB, CMYK TO PANTONE.

DESIGNER AFFINITY:
1. YOU MISS HOW TO CONVERT COLORS FROM RGB, CMYK TO PANTONE.
2. MERGING OF MISSING DATA.
3. SOMETHING SIMILAR TO THE ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR SHAPE CREATOR IS MISSING TO SAVE A LOT OF WORK TIME.
4. SOMETHING IS MISSING LIKE CORELDRAW SMART FILLING TO SAVE A LOT OF WORK TIME.

AFFINITY PUBLISHER:
1. MISSING SCRIPTS (TO SAVE MANY WORKING TIMES).
2. YOU MISS SOMETHING LIKE THE PAGE IMPOSITION WITHIN THE SAME APP.

I will continue to request these tools and want other users who use Affinity products to support me until this prestigious company adds these important tools to save a lot of work time and can really compete with the monopoly of Adobe and Corel.

I think that everyone has requested them at some point in their daily use and if everyone is requesting it it is because we need it to be more productive in our logo work and complicated ways of doing it.

I hope good news from you, it's good to wait.
Thank you very much for what you have accomplished with these wonderful products.

Wow, with respect, Serif don't charge the earth like Adobe do. If they start putting those functions in they'll quite rightly  expect to be paid for it so Serifs products will cost more. 

I think we're getting an amazing product for what we pay for.  Don't forget we don't pay for the updates.  If we insist on features like Adobe's it will eventually happen.  

44 minutes ago, Gilly Rogers said:

Vaya, con respeto, Serif no carga la tierra como lo hace Adobe. Si comienzan a implementar esas funciones, con toda razón esperarán que se les pague por ello, por lo que los productos Serifs costarán más. 

Creo que estamos obteniendo un producto increíble por lo que pagamos. No olvide que no pagamos por las actualizaciones. Si insistimos en características como las de Adobe, eventualmente sucederá.  

I LOVE AFFINITY ALICATIONS BUT I AM A LOGO DESIGNER SPECIFICALLY NEED TOOL AS A SMART OBJECT IN AFFINITY DESIGNER TO SAVE A LOT OF WORK TIME. THESE TOOLS THAT I REQUEST AND OTHER USERS MUST CONSIDER AND ADD. I AM WILLING TO PAY MORE IF THESE TOOLS ARE ADDED. I AM NOT ASKING FOR SO MUCH.

11 minutes ago, Andrés Rivera Gómez said:

I AM NOT ASKING FOR SO MUCH.

But you are asking loudly.

You might be better served in splitting your requests into individual posts in each software's respective forums. You'd then get more specific thoughts and suggestions from fellow users and maybe a comment from someone at Serif.

Not sure why you are using all caps. That is used when SHOUTING in a forum such as this. 

You are asking for the developers to stop and add the things you specifically want. I do think that is asking a lot. You and everyone else has ideas on what should be added, affinity has their own road map. The Affinity app are incredibly cheap for what you are getting in their current state. In time I am sure they will address all the things you impatiently want now. 

24 minutes ago, Andrés Rivera Gómez said:

I LOVE AFFINITY ALICATIONS BUT I AM A LOGO DESIGNER SPECIFICALLY NEED TOOL AS A SMART OBJECT IN AFFINITY DESIGNER TO SAVE A LOT OF WORK TIME. THESE TOOLS THAT I REQUEST AND OTHER USERS MUST CONSIDER AND ADD. I AM WILLING TO PAY MORE IF THESE TOOLS ARE ADDED. I AM NOT ASKING FOR SO MUCH.

But why should the rest of us have to pay more, we are here because this is an extremely good option for us?.  If you want those tools then go to Adobe if you are willing to pay more.

21 minutes ago, Gilly Rogers said:

But why should the rest of us have to pay more, we are here because this is an extremely good option for us?.  If you want those tools then go to Adobe if you are willing to pay more.

I think that is the thing, they would pay a little more but not really a lot more. If money was not an issue they would be using Adobe as it does what they need it to do. I also think people attack Adobe subscription model a little unfairly. If you are a pro user making money on the software the price is easily affordable. You should be making way more profit then what the monthly subscription fee is a month, if not I think your business probably has other problems beyond the price of software.