You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Additional blue bounding boxes shown

I'm assuming this is a bug.  AD version 1.9.1 on a mac sierra.  File attached.  In the attached file when the 4 groups are selected there are other blue boxes showing other than the normal bounding box.

285860356_ScreenShot2021-03-01at8_59_15AM.png.38a60f5939414d0d4bd8e030d2b1c487.png

Whereas if everything inside the group is individually selected there is just the normal bounding box as expected.

521188834_ScreenShot2021-03-01at9_05_23AM.png.c216512a2569df29d90f28f80cce9437.png

Why are there extra blue boxes shown, which aren't useful?  They can't be snapped to.  Or selected.  No elements exist outside the standard bounding box.

test1.afdesign

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

This is down to the various curves having been rotated. If you choose one of the groups and ungroup then group again the rotation of the groups is gone, just the curves remain rotated.

I am curious as to whether this was made in Designer or a different  application?

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

Hi Gear maker

This isn't a bug. As Old Bruce has said, your actual groups have rotations applied to them, so when they're selected the bounding box will appear rotated. Ungrouping/regrouping groups them correctly. Without knowing how they were grouped in the first place I cannot explain as to why they're rotated.