You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi everyone been enjoying the new version 1.9  I also enjoy using Filter forge and it works quite well with affinity.  However applying a filter forge texture is  a destructive edit.  In Photo 1.9   I have set up a preset for creating patterns it's basically a 600px square  document  with a transparent background.  What I do is add a fill layer and rasterize it. Then I select all (ctrl +A on Pc and I think cmd +A on mac)  once I have my selection I go to the filers menu and select Filter forge from the plugins. there are a vast amount of texture filters in the filter forge library to choose from  once I have my texture set the way I want it I make sure that seamless tiling is checked on and click apply.  Once the filter renders in photo I go to layers> new pattern layer from selection and boom affinity generates a pattern layer ready to use.  I like to add my patterns to my assets panel for easy access and the great thing about this is you can clip a texture pattern into text or vector shapes and they remain completely editable. 

I'm confused, is this a FilterForge is awesome post or is there a question in here lol?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Perhaps I have this in the wrong place it's not a question but rather a description of how Filterforge can be used to create pattern  layers and a destructive filter  can now be used in a non destructive way.

If the moderators feel this would be better elsewhere my apologies.   

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 1:26 AM, Angelize said:

Hi everyone been enjoying the new version 1.9  I also enjoy using Filter forge and it works quite well with affinity.  However applying a filter forge texture is  a destructive edit.  In Photo 1.9   I have set up a preset for creating patterns it's basically a 600px square  document  with a transparent background.  What I do is add a fill layer and rasterize it. Then I select all (ctrl +A on Pc and I think cmd +A on mac)  once I have my selection I go to the filers menu and select Filter forge from the plugins. there are a vast amount of texture filters in the filter forge library to choose from  once I have my texture set the way I want it I make sure that seamless tiling is checked on and click apply.  Once the filter renders in photo I go to layers> new pattern layer from selection and boom affinity generates a pattern layer ready to use.  I like to add my patterns to my assets panel for easy access and the great thing about this is you can clip a texture pattern into text or vector shapes and they remain completely editable. 

@Angelize Thank you so much for this tip! I just ordered FF10 pro as I'm a sucker for 50% discounts and don't have the 1st clue as to what to do with it. Now I can use your tip to jump into the app plus interacting it with Affinity Photo. Any other tips how you use FF would also be welcome.

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop