You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all, I am having a terrible time trying t figure out how to resize and name my projects. Im use to using Oneone software but what I'm trying to do is, I have to send out photos for  magazines and they need sometimes need 300dpi. When I send it out from Affinity it goes out at 96, when I change it to 296dpi the file size changes to like 250mb of info extremely large and I can't rename it. On Onone software I just change a few things and its the same but maybe 35mb. I know its something I'm missing, could anyone offer a little advice because I really want to use Affinity as my main software for editing.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Gary

• Staff

Hi GaryC

Welcome to the Forums :)

Once you have made any changes to your photo in Affinity you need to go to File and then Export  this will allow you to pick a file type and set your own DPI for the image. It will also allow you to name the file before it is exported. I hope this helps.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff

Jpegs will take the document size when they are exported. To change your documents DPI please go to Document and then choose Resize document in the window that pops up you will be able to change the DPI of the document.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Okay, I have tried everything you have said and now when I check in info with none software, it says the file size is 499mb and the photo is

16001X10689

Why are the file so large. Im using a sony A7 and A77 shooting in raw then scaling down to jpeg. Most of my clients want it in jpeg.

Look, I know its me but It works in both onone perfect photo and capture one where once I export the photo I can get it between 250-300dpi

What the heck am I doing, I really want to sue affinity photo.

Cheers,

Gary

• Staff

Hi GaryC,

I was referring to opening the original file. When you open it for the first time, if the dpi is set to 96, uncheck the Resample box and change the dpi to 300. This shouldn't change the pixel dimensions.

Lanczos is the algorithm used to resample the image. Since you are not resampling the image here, it doesn't matter what's selected in the Resample dropdown.

And yesssss!! That was it!!!

Thanks a lot for all the info, Affinity Photo is a few small tweaks away from being a total go to prom gram for all pros. Once the can do a few upgrades with shadows and highlights (highlights seems to be a little muddy sometimes) and some of the tools like white balance, erase and dodge and burn being refined, this will be like I said the go to program for pros and anyone else who wants to get away from the Adobe sphere of influence.

Keep,up the great work.

Cheers,

Gary