You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Insufficient Privileges 1.9.0 update (split)

First off thanks for such amazing and affordable softwares. I have bought all 3, not that I will use them all, but more out of appreciation for providing great software at a cheap price. I always advise my friends to use your software too.
I am having trouble upgrading them all to 1.9, with an errow message saying I have insuficient rights.
Is there a thread that discuses a fix for this issue? (I briefly looked but couldnt find one.)
I am getting the same error for all 3 programs.

error.jpg.ea6ebd46790e1ccb38ce70f4c09db7ea.jpg

Edited by ynneBBenny

32 minutes ago, ynneBBenny said:

First off thanks for such amazing and affordable softwares. I have bought all 3, not that I will use them all, but more out of appreciation for providing great software at a cheap price. I always advise my friends to use your software too.
I am having trouble upgrading them all to 1.9, with an errow message saying I have insuficient rights.
Is there a thread that discuses a fix for this issue? (I briefly looked but couldnt find one.)
I am getting the same error for all 3 programs.

I don´t know if my suggestions fixes your problems, but give them a try.
Happens the same if you try to install the apps with admin rights? On Windows click the downloaded .exe with the right mouse button and choose "Install as Admin" or similar. I only know the german context.
Or maybe this helps you: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38462727/how-to-fix-installer-has-insufficient-privileges-to-access-directory

Have you tried to install the apps in an ohter directory like drive "d" if it is avaiable? Sometimes, that´s my experience, the UAC of Windows makes problems on drive "C".
I believe it is not a problem of affinity, but i´m not sure.

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

Thanks for your reply's guys. I found the issue and I wonder if some others might experience the same thing.
Yes I always right click and install software as an Administrator but this wasnt the fix.
Actually I gave up trying to update the 3 Affinity softwares. It wasnt until I tried to install something else that I encountered a similar issue. Upon researching I saw that Brother printer software running in the background was causing the problem Once I disabled it, I was able to install the other software and even the Affinity updates.
Damn you Brother and your BS, background / do nothing, software ;)