You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No matter how hard I try, I am still not able to edit NIKON Z6 II RAW files in the Affinity Photo. Exactly the same problem with NIKON Z50 RAW files. Already installed the Nikon NEF codec pack from the official website and also tried the Adobe DNG Converter. Still no luck. With the DNG plugin other software such as Zoner Photo Studio, XnView or Nikon Capture-NX can display and edit the Z50 RAW files, but the images are so hideous - under exposed, very grey and strangely coloured. Any idea how to fix this? All kinds of help heavily welcomed - thank you !!!

OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit / latest 20H2 build
Affinity Photo / latest build 1.8.5.703
Adobe DNG Converter / latest build 12.2.0.387
NIKON NEF Codec / latest build 1.31.0
Edited by TommyBoy

Hi and welcome!

The Nikon Z6 II is yet not supported by the Affinity engine (see here) and it's used libraw RAW library (see here). - The Nikon Z50 should be supported at least by the upcomming APh v.1.9.0 Win version (see here), which is currently in beta!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

If you followed the above references, you should have seen, that the Z50 is claimed to be supported in the APh v.1.9.0 beta version (you can give it a try). - Generally the APh RAW engine and thus APh RAW processing depends on an external libraw library resource and thus what cams that one supports in it's actual reused version!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• Staff
On 1/26/2021 at 1:45 PM, TommyBoy said:

Are you for real ????????????

I assume this is aimed at Serif and not the Affinity customer trying to help you. If this is actually directed at user v_kyr, then it is out of line as v_kyr is only trying to assist you with the relevant information, so what I think you meant was "thank you for trying to help me".

Serif are beholden to the LibRaw library, to support any new formats, which means that yes we are for real, it is not supported yet, sorry.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon