You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi @ChrisPubl,

Welcome to the forums :)

Usually the Affinity apps will use any installed profiles from ColourSync within the application, however there is a known bug currently on Big Sur that causes this to fail, as described below - 

Whilst our developers work to resolve this issue, you can use File > Import ICC Profile to manually add any colour profiles into Affinity Photo.

I hope this helps!

33 minutes ago, Lagarto said:

but the documentation is all wrong (as are many posts on this forum) when they state that the correct place is /Library/ColosSync/Profiles.

Not "all wrong", but you will need admin privileges and authorize yourself as such if you want to put anything in /Library/ColosSync/Profiles.
The actual "correct" location is ~/Library/ColosSync/Profiles, i.e. any user can install their own profiles in their home directory, regardless their user privileges.

46 minutes ago, Lagarto said:

Adobe apps can find profiles anywhere along this path, but not Affinity apps. They might find these profiles when using ColorSync (in context of printing), but not when you need to assign a color profile for a document.

Of course they can. Apparently that's just the BigBug Sur bug that they can't. (Don't have a Big Sur capable Mac so can't test myself)
But e.g. on El Capitan:

library_colorsync.png.a378c19ed78844ffbfb3ea5b95b72bdb.png

Of course, it depends on the color space you're in. Those are CMYK profiles, and my document was CMYK, so logically it won't display any RGB profiles to choose from.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2