You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hallo, welcome to the forum, go to "View" > "Studio"> "Layers"  As a side note, when you start a topic, simply call the topic by the nature of your question, for example, in this instance I would write:  "Layers Panel disappeared"  Or can not find my layers panel for example.

Microsoft - Like entering your home and opening the stainless steel kitchen door, with a Popup: 'Do you really want to open this door'? Then looking for the dishwasher and finding it stored in the living room where you have to download a water supply from the app store, then you have to buy microsoft compliant soap, remove the carpet only to be told that it is glued to the floor.. Don't forget to make multiple copies of your front door key and post them to all who demand access to all the doors inside your home including the windows and outside shed.

Apple - Like entering your home and opening the oak framed Kitchen door and finding the dishwasher right in front you ready to be switched on, soap supplied, and water that comes through a water softener.  Ah the front door key is yours and it only needs to open the front door.

Also, @peter hayward, you can click-and-hold on the topic title if you want to change it now, as Chris suggested.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

A screenshot showing your Affinity Photo window would help, @peter hayward. But in the meantime...

• Is anything else missing (Toolbar, Context Toolbar, Tools panel, all the studio on right/left)? If all of that is missing, you hid your UI, and to get it back you just press Tab or View > Toggle UI.
  • If you have all of the non-Studio stuff, but you're missing the entire studio, then View > Studio > Show Right Studio or possibly View > Studio > Hide Studio.
  • If you have the right-side studio showing, perhaps the Layers panel is not the currently active panel, and the panel name is abbreviated, e.g. to Lyr and you're just not seeing it.
  • If you have multiple monitors, perhaps you moved the Layers panel to a different monitor than you're looking at, possibly one that is not currently connected.
  • Or, if all else fails, you could try View > Studio > Reset Studio.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

You're welcome.

-- Walt
PC:

• 1 year later...
55 minutes ago, Stewart Gray said:

My Layers Panel has disappeared in Affinity Photo 2. It is ticked as visible in Window drop down, but I cannot find it anywhere!

Please show us a screenshot of the complete application window, with the Window > Studio menu expanded.

Thanks.

-- Walt
PC: