You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi guys, 
I'm having an issue with not being able to see the canvas or what I'm placing on it. I've tried creating a new document and the same thing keeps happing. All I can see is the canvas outline and that's it.

In the image below I've placed 3 red rectangles which you can see in the bottom right-hand corner in the navigator but nothing is showing on the actual canvas.1762596144_Screenshot2020-12-03at15_27_05.thumb.png.c03a481eea31bbb86a6e470b334424bd.png

Does anyone know how I can fix it? 

Thanks for all your help

Hit Command + 0 (zero) and that should give you the document filling the centre of the window. You could try putting the rulers on too, this will tell you where in the x,y co-ordinates you are, the document may be down below or off to one of the sides.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

How about changing from the Dark user interface to the Light user interface? What are the blend modes of the individual layers? Should be 'Normal'. What happens if you put in an Artboard?

This is weird.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

@becca107 Check the View mode (View > View Mode) wants to be on vector. You can also try resetting the app to defaults, hold down the CTRL key and open. When the window appears, release the key and click Clear.

Also open the apps Preferences > Performance and untick Hardware Acceleration and change the Display to OpenGL to see if this has an effect.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

This happened to me today, literally while I'm in the middle of client work. This absolutely cannot be happening to me now. I'm in the middle of a project with no solution thus far. I know I'm in the correct spot. Navigator is showing I'm right on top of my artwork (and what it looks like). I've tried creating new documents and everything else I can think of. This only happened after my mac did a hard restart. Pretty desperate for a solution right now.