You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Single word pdf crash Publisher ...

I just installed latest beta 1.9.0.850, then I made simple pdf with one word and placed it into Publisher.  Publisher crashed instantly on several attempts.  Adobe Acrobat or InDesign has no problem with displaying or printing this file ...

For us, Publisher is still not usable until robust pdf import is available, as we agregate pdf files from different sources and are not used to experience changed fonts or altered content in any form from our authors.  I can not understand Affinity Publisher's interpreting pdf's by defoult as intacted, placed pdf's are at the heart of DTP since the begining in 90's, expecially in this kind of agregating aps (Pagemaker, Ventura, Quark, InDesign etc.).

Test.pdf

Nice catch, but your PDF is not as simple as it looks. It seems to be that APu does not like the javascript inside. I think APu should ignore any javascript inside a PDF or at least show a warning. If you remove the javascript, the PDF places fine.

javascript.jpg

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

My point is, that pdf's are not treated as they should be in Publisher. Java script in this pdf (created in CorelDraw 2020) is not an issue in Indesign or Acrobat and should not be a problem for average user of Publisher, getting pdf files from different content creators. I hope Publisher will remove this Java script by itself in next release. Thank you for fast response!

I just find out, that file from my first post (with Java script removed) is printed from Publisher as black square on our Konica Minolta C754e PCL / PS printer. Is this the case on other printers, too? If so, this is a bug IMO as well - you can see content in AP, but get black square on paper. Export to pdf and print from Acrobat works fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.