You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I'm using Affinity Designer 1.8 on my Windows 10 laptop. I don't know if this counts as a bug or a problem with Windows 10, but every now and again when I launch the app, I get the following message " There was an error loading your settings. Some settings may be inaccurate".

Then when I either apply "OK" or close the dialogue box, my Affinity Designer app loads with the default settings. All my customized toolbar, tools, studio settings and preferences are gone and I'm presented with the default settings and it's so frustrating. I'm now having to customise my Affinity Designer app most times before I use it. I'd appreciate it if anyone can tell me what the problem is. Thanks.

AD Loading Error.PNG

• Staff

Hi @pyxelles,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

On 11/22/2020 at 2:54 AM, pyxelles said:

every now and again when I launch the app, I get the following message

If this is happening regularly, not just when updating Affinity, then it would lead me to believe there is a third party app 'cleaning' the Affinity folder and removing the required data.

Can you please confirm for me, do you have CCleaner installer, or any other application that actively scans and removes files from your PC?

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Hi, thanks for responding. I don't have CCleaner and I have the free Avast for anti-virus but my Avast Cleaner subscription had expired last year, so it isn't it. I never had this problem with the last version. I'm sorry but I said this error occurs when I launch the application not when updating the app. 

It is now happening almost every time I launch the app. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/4/2020 at 3:26 PM, Leigh said:

Sorry for the delay in replying @pyxelles Do you get the same error when launching the app as an Administrator?

Thanks for the response. However, I haven't launched the app as Administrator because I normally install, launch and uninstall apps as a normal user without any issues. Normally I get prompted to agree to privileged access when required.

It's even happening after updating to version 1.9 and now after my last relaunch, my asset library I had taken time to build (over 10 categories) with over 100 assets have all disappeared only with the iOS assets left- I don't know whether to scream or cry. 😡😭

• 1 year later...

I am also having this issue when opening designer. I open the program about once a day and have gotten it a few times (3-4). I have Norton security installed on my computer for anti-virus. I'm not saying Norton couldn't be the issue, but it usually doesn't scan/delete without permission.

Has anyone found a solution yet? (2022)

• Staff
10 hours ago, vintagelove said:

I am also having this issue when opening designer. I open the program about once a day and have gotten it a few times (3-4). I have Norton security installed on my computer for anti-virus. I'm not saying Norton couldn't be the issue, but it usually doesn't scan/delete without permission.

Has anyone found a solution yet? (2022)

I would suggest that you start a new thread, giving as much information as possible and we'll try and help you further 👍