You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

v829 Studio Preset - 2 independent managers are confusing

The new "Preset" feature seems to work charming. Thank you! – I just wonder if it appears as planned *:

With the first launch of the new beta v829 it opened as usual in the UI appearance of the previous version. (separated mode, white UI)
I directly saved a preset with the new option and closed APub.
When relaunching v829 has lost both: my last window/panel/UI setting AND my saved preset entry, the Preset Manager window was empty. Instead v829 has opened in a default appearance (not-separated mode, dark UI). But since I found a preset file in the macOS library folder this let me continue searching for my saved preset within the app.

Fortunately when manually switching to Separated Mode both settings reappeared: my previous panel setting AND the recently saved preset list entry.

So it seems each of the two window modes has it's own Manager content, whereas one doesn't show/know the presets of the other. * This behavior causes confusion, because I would expect from the preset to cause a switch between separated / not-separated mode according to its saved setting, and, besides that I would expect to see all presets from any application UI state.

958166979_v829preset1empty.jpg.4f034ca64d2f905aacf058728b1b03a2.jpg

7411050_v829preset1separated.jpg.8e924508a51624fb284f5f81fe2dbd9f.jpg

735214784_v829preset2empty.jpg.98080b795388770f13ec45a85782eb48.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

32 minutes ago, Gabe said:

I could not replicate the UI going back to "normal" mode after a restart though. Was that just a one-off?

Yes, it occurred only once yet: After saving a preset + re-starting v829 the first time.

Interestingly then this single window (not-separated) appeared on the external, 2nd monitor – whereas when switching manually from separated to not-separated the window always get moved to the internal (boot) screen – as all new opened documents do in separated mode, too. So I wonder where this window position had been stored for this single situation, because I would prefer it being used for all document windows in separated mode, too.

Note, since Separated Mode appears to be causing various issues yet: Actually I use "Separated Mode" always together with "Merged windows" and need it only to be able to move the two bars (tool & context) from top to bottom on the external screen. So if not-separated mode would allow to move its bars inside its window I would prefer this solution, which additionally might reduce the currently experienced (and logged) issues caused exclusively by separated mode.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.