You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hello Oxpeople,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

There isn't a manual, but we are planning a handbook for later. Affinity Photo Help cover all program functionality extensively. You can also check Affinity Review, our eZine with some in-depth written and video tutorials and a complete set of video tutorials for Affinity Photo available here. They are also accessible from here.

Others have also posted that it is sometimes hard to follow the videos as they go to fast through a subject matter and that a written manual or "how to book" makes it a lot easier.  That way we can try as we read.  As asked before, any idea how much longer until you have something in writing? I've decided to use the other manuals that I mentioned for a basis to educate myself some more.  If you are writing a manual, please try to go through the various tools and features with step by step instructions as how to do something.  As an example, I've tried to use your patch tool, but have not had the same success as using the clone, and your help section hasn't helped enough.  A good descriptive book would really help some of us.

Somewhere there are a set of questions and answers about making a manual using Photo's "de.iproj" and "shared" files, moving the "help.index" file into Calibre and converting it to a PDF file.  I tried it with my purchased copy of Photo and got a PDF file written in German titled "Photo Hilfe."  Why would that be?

Well I answered my own questions.  I found the original directions for conversion at https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/4822-manual-or-tutorial/and the reason the 'Help' conversion came out in German is that there is a seperate folder for English that has to get the 'index.html' file and drag it into the Calibre conversion program.  The file is converted, but it is clunky and it really is easier just to open Photo and go directly to help and then read the actual HTML pages.