You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

50 % grey is printet in 100 % black

Hello Publishers,

in a Publisher dokuemnt in RGB I've used 50 % black from the greyscale-panel. On the monitor an when I export the document to PDF I've the grey as grey but when I print the document directly on my good old HP Laserjet 2200 D the grey parts are printetd in black. I think there's only somthing set up wrong.

Please can somebody help me? Thank you in advane.

Rainer

PS: Document is attached.Theorie für Tubaschüler.afpub

Genau dieses Ergebnis würde ich auf einem „alten guten HP Laserjet 2200 D“ erwarten. Einfachste Lösung: Weniger als 50% wählen.

Oder eine Tonwertkorrektur-Einstellungsebene. Den Gamma-Regler so lange verschieben, bis dir dein Laserdruck gefällt.

_____

I would expect exactly this result on an "old good HP Laserjet 2200 D". Simplest solution: Choose less than 50%.

Or a tonal value correction setting level. Move the gamma slider until you like your laser print.

Grau-Testdruck.png.e8696217cc6c5e87f1c7b9cb53183e02.png

Thanks to DeepL.

Edit: Mit einer Tonwertkorrektur-Einstellungsebene wird die ganze Seite beim Export gerastert. Keine so gute Idee.

________

Edit: With a tonal value correction setting layer the whole page is rasterized during export. Not such a good idea.

Thanks to DeepL.

Do you mean the gray dots on page 3 for example? Printing on my ancient Kyocera Color Laser prints them in gray. What happens when you print a PDF from a PDF reader? I don't know the printer, is it using a Postscript or a PCL driver? I had some trouble a while ago with PCL drivers.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Hello Joachim_L,

thank you for your answer. Yes, the circles and dots on page 3. An yes I think it's a PCL-printerdriver. When creating a PDF in the PDF the grey objects are really grey only on the print it's black.

I'm testing it on an other printer.

Rainer