You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The Big Combo (AD+AP)

justwilliam

So moody and full of creaky background noises, coming from the dockyard.

Menacing is the word that springs to mind. :o

As for critique, both the man and the woman need to have a little bit of mist in front of them and a tiny bit of highlighting to his head/neck/shirt area, to emphasise a 3D shape and a sense of direction. I can see from her shoes, that her back is towards us. But, I have to keep checking his shoes to see which way he is facing; this applies to the original too.

There is a story in this picture, as bamboo8Rsays. 

HTH

peter

I've just seen the original image and losing the wheelbarrow was a good idea. What about adding a hook and gibbet? Suspense in every sense.

Edited by peter

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

So moody and full of creaky background noises, coming from the dockyard.

Menacing is the word that springs to mind. :o

As for critique, both the man and the woman need to have a little bit of mist in front of them and a tiny bit of highlighting to his head/neck/shirt area, to emphasise a 3D shape and a sense of direction. I can see from her shoes, that her back is towards us. But, I have to keep checking his shoes to see which way he is facing; this applies to the original too.

There is a story in this picture, as bamboo8Rsays. 

HTH

peter

I've just seen the original image and losing the wheelbarrow was a good idea. What about adding a hook and gibbet? Suspense in every sense.

Very good points. I will try to add appropriate highlights to the woman and a bit of mist in front of the man tommorow after work. Yes, about the only thing I 'took' (via the pen tool) from the original still were the sillouettes of the characters and the structure. I desperately tried to make my own fog, but ended up sampling and blending some various fog textures from online. The horizon being slightly off might help bring in some creaking sounds but I couldn't figure out how to bring in the smells of the docks...yet.

How to make the docks smelly?  :o That's got to be the most surrealist question in this forum. But I'll try to answer it. You can't add smell directly, but you can suggest it by including references to smelly objects/signs/tools etc.

Ok where are these docks: in a hot and sweaty location or a cold dank setting? Temperature affects smell.

What are the docks storing oil/booze/paints/fish/timber? Each of this has containers that are easy to identify.

HTH

peter

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111