You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Frusterated: Can't Locate Account Cridentials

I purchased Affinity Designer about a year ago. I recently got a new computer, so I wanted to download the program to our new computer. However, no matter what I do when going to the store to download, it does not recognize my email. I tried desperately to try to locate my account credentials even within the app itself (logically, you think you would find it there, right?), but I was not successful (obviously, otherwise I would not have to post on this forum to try to rectify this issue).

I require assistance, as I sincerely do not want to have to pay for this program again. I would love to use it on my new Surface Studio, but, at this point, I'm so frustrated that I'm considering scrapping Affinity in favor of Adobe Suite. At least their interface is a bit more intuitive and straight-forward.

I wanted to add these photos to this thread to prove that I own the program; after reviewing other threads with similar inquiries, I noticed the technicians do not always operate under the assumption you bought it outright. Additionally: I use this program on a windows computer, and want to download it onto another windows-operating computer instead.

affinity in my desktop.JPG

Affy Proof.JPG

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

A couple of possibilities:

1. If you use Windows 10, perhaps you purchased from the Microsoft Store, not the Affinity Store. In that case you need to open the Microsoft Store, using the same Windows ID you used for the purchase.

2. Possibly you used a different email address when purchasing from the Affinity Store. One of the moderators may be able to help with that. Or, try Edit > Preferences in Designer, and then go to the Miscellaneous section. If you purchased from the Affinity Store and have a current release, there should be a Preference to include your email address in crash reports, which will tell you what address you used.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Following on from Walt's advice, I have searched the database for anyone registered to our store with the email address you use here on the forum. This did not bring up any search results.

I also presumed that it is your first/last name in your email address and searched for anyone by that name, that too did not search results for either.

My incline is that your original purchase was made through the Microsoft Store, but if you are 100% certain that you bought directly from the Affinity Store, please contact affinity@serif.com with your Order ID and we will be happy to assist further.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.